May 7, 2013, 2:19 AM EDT
St. Louis Blues’ forward T.J. Oshie scored twice, so one might assume he had a pretty good night.
He was also a minus-three, and the Blues coughed up two separate leads in a 4-3 L.A. Kings win on Monday night. The best-of-seven Western Conference quarter-final is now tied two-games apiece as it heads back to St. Louis for Game 5.
Oshie was none to pleased with his overall performance, as relayed on Twitter by Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
“I could have single handedly prevented three of their goals. Being on the ice for all four of other team’s goals is pretty…embarrassing. It’s probably the worst complete hockey game I’ve played all year,” said Oshie.
The Blues had a two-goal lead within the first five minutes of the first period, thanks in part to Oshie’s first goal of the night. The Kings tied it up and Oshie again gave the Blues the lead in the second period.
But the Kings wouldn’t be denied and they came back to earn the victory.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)