May 7, 2013, 2:19 AM EDT
St. Louis Blues’ forward T.J. Oshie scored twice, so one might assume he had a pretty good night.
He was also a minus-three, and the Blues coughed up two separate leads in a 4-3 L.A. Kings win on Monday night. The best-of-seven Western Conference quarter-final is now tied two-games apiece as it heads back to St. Louis for Game 5.
Oshie was none to pleased with his overall performance, as relayed on Twitter by Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
“I could have single handedly prevented three of their goals. Being on the ice for all four of other team’s goals is pretty…embarrassing. It’s probably the worst complete hockey game I’ve played all year,” said Oshie.
The Blues had a two-goal lead within the first five minutes of the first period, thanks in part to Oshie’s first goal of the night. The Kings tied it up and Oshie again gave the Blues the lead in the second period.
But the Kings wouldn’t be denied and they came back to earn the victory.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)