May 7, 2013, 8:50 PM EDT
As they get ready for tonight’s contest against the Minnesota Wild (9:30 p.m. ET, NBCSN), Toews put the pressure more specifically on the team’s top players.
“Your best players have to be your best players. Those guys have to be better, and first and foremost that includes myself when I say that,” Toews said. He added, “Guys like myself have to step up and be better. They’re playing well, they’re playing strong defensively. But we have to find a way around that.”
“We’ve been fortunate to contain them but the series isn’t over. They’re good players; good players find ways to get points,” Suter said. “I’m trying to take away as much time and space.”
Suter has been averaging an unreal 32:42 minutes per game, so Toews and the Blackhawks are going to have to find ways to deal with him. At the same time, Chicago is still in a great position with a 2-1 series lead.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2