May 7, 2013, 8:50 PM EST
As they get ready for tonight’s contest against the Minnesota Wild (9:30 p.m. ET, NBCSN), Toews put the pressure more specifically on the team’s top players.
“Your best players have to be your best players. Those guys have to be better, and first and foremost that includes myself when I say that,” Toews said. He added, “Guys like myself have to step up and be better. They’re playing well, they’re playing strong defensively. But we have to find a way around that.”
“We’ve been fortunate to contain them but the series isn’t over. They’re good players; good players find ways to get points,” Suter said. “I’m trying to take away as much time and space.”
Suter has been averaging an unreal 32:42 minutes per game, so Toews and the Blackhawks are going to have to find ways to deal with him. At the same time, Chicago is still in a great position with a 2-1 series lead.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11