May 7, 2013, 8:50 PM EDT
As they get ready for tonight’s contest against the Minnesota Wild (9:30 p.m. ET, NBCSN), Toews put the pressure more specifically on the team’s top players.
“Your best players have to be your best players. Those guys have to be better, and first and foremost that includes myself when I say that,” Toews said. He added, “Guys like myself have to step up and be better. They’re playing well, they’re playing strong defensively. But we have to find a way around that.”
“We’ve been fortunate to contain them but the series isn’t over. They’re good players; good players find ways to get points,” Suter said. “I’m trying to take away as much time and space.”
Suter has been averaging an unreal 32:42 minutes per game, so Toews and the Blackhawks are going to have to find ways to deal with him. At the same time, Chicago is still in a great position with a 2-1 series lead.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5