May 7, 2013, 8:50 PM EDT
As they get ready for tonight’s contest against the Minnesota Wild (9:30 p.m. ET, NBCSN), Toews put the pressure more specifically on the team’s top players.
“Your best players have to be your best players. Those guys have to be better, and first and foremost that includes myself when I say that,” Toews said. He added, “Guys like myself have to step up and be better. They’re playing well, they’re playing strong defensively. But we have to find a way around that.”
“We’ve been fortunate to contain them but the series isn’t over. They’re good players; good players find ways to get points,” Suter said. “I’m trying to take away as much time and space.”
Suter has been averaging an unreal 32:42 minutes per game, so Toews and the Blackhawks are going to have to find ways to deal with him. At the same time, Chicago is still in a great position with a 2-1 series lead.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 33
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6