May 7, 2013, 2:26 PM EDT
San Jose coach Todd McLellan has responded to the accusation from Vancouver defenseman Kevin Bieksa that the Sharks are embellishing to get calls.
And he’s responded rather well, we must say.
“If we go back now to look at the series, we’ve been called cheaters in Game 1, we’ve been called embellishing Canadians after Game 3,” McLellan said today, per CSN Bay Area. “If the series goes any deeper, we may be accused of biting, eventually.”
Hockey fans don’t need to be told what McLellan is talking about. (If you’re new to the NHL, read this.)
At any rate, both teams will need to put the talk behind them before tonight’s Game 4 at HP Pavilion. The Canucks will be eliminated with a loss; the Sharks don’t want to flirt with what nearly happened in 2011 when they blew a 3-0 series lead to Detroit before winning in seven.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 33
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 47
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)