May 7, 2013, 2:26 PM EDT
San Jose coach Todd McLellan has responded to the accusation from Vancouver defenseman Kevin Bieksa that the Sharks are embellishing to get calls.
And he’s responded rather well, we must say.
“If we go back now to look at the series, we’ve been called cheaters in Game 1, we’ve been called embellishing Canadians after Game 3,” McLellan said today, per CSN Bay Area. “If the series goes any deeper, we may be accused of biting, eventually.”
Hockey fans don’t need to be told what McLellan is talking about. (If you’re new to the NHL, read this.)
At any rate, both teams will need to put the talk behind them before tonight’s Game 4 at HP Pavilion. The Canucks will be eliminated with a loss; the Sharks don’t want to flirt with what nearly happened in 2011 when they blew a 3-0 series lead to Detroit before winning in seven.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 42
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)