May 7, 2013, 2:26 PM EST
San Jose coach Todd McLellan has responded to the accusation from Vancouver defenseman Kevin Bieksa that the Sharks are embellishing to get calls.
And he’s responded rather well, we must say.
“If we go back now to look at the series, we’ve been called cheaters in Game 1, we’ve been called embellishing Canadians after Game 3,” McLellan said today, per CSN Bay Area. “If the series goes any deeper, we may be accused of biting, eventually.”
Hockey fans don’t need to be told what McLellan is talking about. (If you’re new to the NHL, read this.)
At any rate, both teams will need to put the talk behind them before tonight’s Game 4 at HP Pavilion. The Canucks will be eliminated with a loss; the Sharks don’t want to flirt with what nearly happened in 2011 when they blew a 3-0 series lead to Detroit before winning in seven.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8