May 7, 2013, 2:26 PM EDT
San Jose coach Todd McLellan has responded to the accusation from Vancouver defenseman Kevin Bieksa that the Sharks are embellishing to get calls.
And he’s responded rather well, we must say.
“If we go back now to look at the series, we’ve been called cheaters in Game 1, we’ve been called embellishing Canadians after Game 3,” McLellan said today, per CSN Bay Area. “If the series goes any deeper, we may be accused of biting, eventually.”
Hockey fans don’t need to be told what McLellan is talking about. (If you’re new to the NHL, read this.)
At any rate, both teams will need to put the talk behind them before tonight’s Game 4 at HP Pavilion. The Canucks will be eliminated with a loss; the Sharks don’t want to flirt with what nearly happened in 2011 when they blew a 3-0 series lead to Detroit before winning in seven.
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 2
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 66
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)