May 7, 2013, 3:25 PM EST
Cory Schneider will be Vancouver’s starting goalie tonight in San Jose.
Schneider has been given the nod despite being pulled in Game 3 after allowing five Sharks goals on 28 shots in a 5-2 loss that put his team on the verge of being swept out of the playoffs.
Vancouver head coach Alain Vigneault has been criticized for going with Schneider over Roberto Luongo, who was mostly solid — and at times spectacular — for the Canucks in Games 1 and 2 when Schneider was out with an undisclosed injury.
But as Luongo said, “It’s [Schneider’s] team.”
Schneider looked shaky on back-to-back goals by the Sharks early in the third period of Sunday’s game.
If the Canucks lose tonight, starting Schneider may be Vigneault’s last goaltending decision as head coach in Vancouver.
Tonight may also be Luongo’s last time in a Canucks uniform.
Though we’ve said that before, haven’t we.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 18
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 36
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)