May 7, 2013, 3:25 PM EDT
Cory Schneider will be Vancouver’s starting goalie tonight in San Jose.
Schneider has been given the nod despite being pulled in Game 3 after allowing five Sharks goals on 28 shots in a 5-2 loss that put his team on the verge of being swept out of the playoffs.
Vancouver head coach Alain Vigneault has been criticized for going with Schneider over Roberto Luongo, who was mostly solid — and at times spectacular — for the Canucks in Games 1 and 2 when Schneider was out with an undisclosed injury.
But as Luongo said, “It’s [Schneider's] team.”
Schneider looked shaky on back-to-back goals by the Sharks early in the third period of Sunday’s game.
If the Canucks lose tonight, starting Schneider may be Vigneault’s last goaltending decision as head coach in Vancouver.
Tonight may also be Luongo’s last time in a Canucks uniform.
Though we’ve said that before, haven’t we.
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 0
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 9
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 56
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (57)