May 7, 2013, 3:25 PM EDT
Cory Schneider will be Vancouver’s starting goalie tonight in San Jose.
Schneider has been given the nod despite being pulled in Game 3 after allowing five Sharks goals on 28 shots in a 5-2 loss that put his team on the verge of being swept out of the playoffs.
Vancouver head coach Alain Vigneault has been criticized for going with Schneider over Roberto Luongo, who was mostly solid — and at times spectacular — for the Canucks in Games 1 and 2 when Schneider was out with an undisclosed injury.
But as Luongo said, “It’s [Schneider’s] team.”
Schneider looked shaky on back-to-back goals by the Sharks early in the third period of Sunday’s game.
If the Canucks lose tonight, starting Schneider may be Vigneault’s last goaltending decision as head coach in Vancouver.
Tonight may also be Luongo’s last time in a Canucks uniform.
Though we’ve said that before, haven’t we.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 32
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 90
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 17
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)