May 7, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
Pominville hasn’t played since April 23 due to an upper-body injury that was believed to be a concussion.
Minnesota made a big splash at the trade deadline by acquiring Pominville from the Buffalo Sabres. Before getting injured, Pominville had four goals and nine points in 10 games with Minnesota.
His presence might provide a much needed boost for the Wild, who were solid in Game 3, but still have netted just six goals in this series. That being said, expectations should be tempered, given that he skated on the Wild’s fourth line during the pregame warm-up, according to the Star Tribune.
Meanwhile, Chicago Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews is hoping that his team will bounce back from their less than satisfactory performance on Sunday. He said that the Blackhawks’ stars, himself included need to step up.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 12
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18