May 7, 2013, 9:30 PM EST
Pominville hasn’t played since April 23 due to an upper-body injury that was believed to be a concussion.
Minnesota made a big splash at the trade deadline by acquiring Pominville from the Buffalo Sabres. Before getting injured, Pominville had four goals and nine points in 10 games with Minnesota.
His presence might provide a much needed boost for the Wild, who were solid in Game 3, but still have netted just six goals in this series. That being said, expectations should be tempered, given that he skated on the Wild’s fourth line during the pregame warm-up, according to the Star Tribune.
Meanwhile, Chicago Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews is hoping that his team will bounce back from their less than satisfactory performance on Sunday. He said that the Blackhawks’ stars, himself included need to step up.
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 1
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 34
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 50
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)