May 7, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
Pominville hasn’t played since April 23 due to an upper-body injury that was believed to be a concussion.
Minnesota made a big splash at the trade deadline by acquiring Pominville from the Buffalo Sabres. Before getting injured, Pominville had four goals and nine points in 10 games with Minnesota.
His presence might provide a much needed boost for the Wild, who were solid in Game 3, but still have netted just six goals in this series. That being said, expectations should be tempered, given that he skated on the Wild’s fourth line during the pregame warm-up, according to the Star Tribune.
Meanwhile, Chicago Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews is hoping that his team will bounce back from their less than satisfactory performance on Sunday. He said that the Blackhawks’ stars, himself included need to step up.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 1
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 20
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 30
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)