May 7, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
Pominville hasn’t played since April 23 due to an upper-body injury that was believed to be a concussion.
Minnesota made a big splash at the trade deadline by acquiring Pominville from the Buffalo Sabres. Before getting injured, Pominville had four goals and nine points in 10 games with Minnesota.
His presence might provide a much needed boost for the Wild, who were solid in Game 3, but still have netted just six goals in this series. That being said, expectations should be tempered, given that he skated on the Wild’s fourth line during the pregame warm-up, according to the Star Tribune.
Meanwhile, Chicago Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews is hoping that his team will bounce back from their less than satisfactory performance on Sunday. He said that the Blackhawks’ stars, himself included need to step up.
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 3
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 17
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 52
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)