May 7, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
Pominville hasn’t played since April 23 due to an upper-body injury that was believed to be a concussion.
Minnesota made a big splash at the trade deadline by acquiring Pominville from the Buffalo Sabres. Before getting injured, Pominville had four goals and nine points in 10 games with Minnesota.
His presence might provide a much needed boost for the Wild, who were solid in Game 3, but still have netted just six goals in this series. That being said, expectations should be tempered, given that he skated on the Wild’s fourth line during the pregame warm-up, according to the Star Tribune.
Meanwhile, Chicago Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews is hoping that his team will bounce back from their less than satisfactory performance on Sunday. He said that the Blackhawks’ stars, himself included need to step up.
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 2
- PHT Morning Skate: Two top scoring duos collide in Ducks vs. Stars 0
- Pressing Question: Can the Sharks get over past playoff hurdles? 4
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 23
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 9
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 37
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)