May 7, 2013, 7:15 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Vancouver Canucks coach Alain Vigneault has been under fire lately with his team on the brink of being eliminated in the first round by San Jose, but Sharks coach Todd McLellan thinks his rival is a “tremendous coach.” (San Jose Mercury News)
Islanders coach Jack Capuano acknowledged that his team needs to play a more disciplined game. Their first-round opponents, the Pittsburgh Penguins, have a 46.2 power-play percentage in the playoffs. (Pittsburgh Tribune-Review)
Highlights from Detroit’s 3-2 overtime win against Anaheim:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 36
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 2
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 18
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13