May 7, 2013, 7:15 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Vancouver Canucks coach Alain Vigneault has been under fire lately with his team on the brink of being eliminated in the first round by San Jose, but Sharks coach Todd McLellan thinks his rival is a “tremendous coach.” (San Jose Mercury News)
Islanders coach Jack Capuano acknowledged that his team needs to play a more disciplined game. Their first-round opponents, the Pittsburgh Penguins, have a 46.2 power-play percentage in the playoffs. (Pittsburgh Tribune-Review)
Highlights from Detroit’s 3-2 overtime win against Anaheim:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 4
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 3
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 16
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12