May 7, 2013, 2:55 PM EDT
Good news for Chicago defenseman Duncan Keith — he and his wife had their first child, a boy, early this morning.
Good news for the Blackhawks and their fans — Keith is expected to fly into Minnesota today and be in the lineup tonight for Game 4 against the Wild.
“It’s a good day, an exciting day for the Keiths and we’re happy for them,” coach Joel Quenneville said, per CSNChicago.com. “It sounds like everything went well. We’re encouraged that he’ll be here today, so it’s good news all around.”
Chicago leads the series, 2-1.
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)