May 7, 2013, 2:55 PM EDT
Good news for Chicago defenseman Duncan Keith — he and his wife had their first child, a boy, early this morning.
Good news for the Blackhawks and their fans — Keith is expected to fly into Minnesota today and be in the lineup tonight for Game 4 against the Wild.
“It’s a good day, an exciting day for the Keiths and we’re happy for them,” coach Joel Quenneville said, per CSNChicago.com. “It sounds like everything went well. We’re encouraged that he’ll be here today, so it’s good news all around.”
Chicago leads the series, 2-1.
- ‘We’re going into the cage,’ says Kings’ coach Sutter about Game 5 0
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 21
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 53
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 42
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)