May 7, 2013, 2:55 PM EDT
Good news for Chicago defenseman Duncan Keith — he and his wife had their first child, a boy, early this morning.
Good news for the Blackhawks and their fans — Keith is expected to fly into Minnesota today and be in the lineup tonight for Game 4 against the Wild.
“It’s a good day, an exciting day for the Keiths and we’re happy for them,” coach Joel Quenneville said, per CSNChicago.com. “It sounds like everything went well. We’re encouraged that he’ll be here today, so it’s good news all around.”
Chicago leads the series, 2-1.
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 10
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 3
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 19
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 38
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)