May 7, 2013, 11:04 PM EDT
Things just can’t be easy for Josh Harding and the Minnesota Wild.
During the first period of tonight’s Game 4, Harding’s crease was crashed by a Wild defender and Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews. Toews landed on top of Harding and the goalie came up looking hurt.
The play came with about four minutes to play in the period and Harding did stay in the game, but when the second period got underway it would be backup and third-stringer Darcy Kuemper taking over in net.
Michael Russo of The Star Tribune reports Harding is out with a lower body injury. He faced six shots and allowed a goal to Patrick Sharp before departing. Harding was playing thanks to an injury to starting goalie Niklas Backstrom suffered during warmups before the start of Game 1.
Here’s video of the play in question:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 3
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 11
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)