May 7, 2013, 11:04 PM EDT
Things just can’t be easy for Josh Harding and the Minnesota Wild.
During the first period of tonight’s Game 4, Harding’s crease was crashed by a Wild defender and Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews. Toews landed on top of Harding and the goalie came up looking hurt.
The play came with about four minutes to play in the period and Harding did stay in the game, but when the second period got underway it would be backup and third-stringer Darcy Kuemper taking over in net.
Michael Russo of The Star Tribune reports Harding is out with a lower body injury. He faced six shots and allowed a goal to Patrick Sharp before departing. Harding was playing thanks to an injury to starting goalie Niklas Backstrom suffered during warmups before the start of Game 1.
Here’s video of the play in question:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 20
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 44
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 121
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 79
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7