May 7, 2013, 11:04 PM EST
Things just can’t be easy for Josh Harding and the Minnesota Wild.
During the first period of tonight’s Game 4, Harding’s crease was crashed by a Wild defender and Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews. Toews landed on top of Harding and the goalie came up looking hurt.
The play came with about four minutes to play in the period and Harding did stay in the game, but when the second period got underway it would be backup and third-stringer Darcy Kuemper taking over in net.
Michael Russo of The Star Tribune reports Harding is out with a lower body injury. He faced six shots and allowed a goal to Patrick Sharp before departing. Harding was playing thanks to an injury to starting goalie Niklas Backstrom suffered during warmups before the start of Game 1.
Here’s video of the play in question:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 19
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (67)