May 7, 2013, 11:04 PM EDT
Things just can’t be easy for Josh Harding and the Minnesota Wild.
During the first period of tonight’s Game 4, Harding’s crease was crashed by a Wild defender and Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews. Toews landed on top of Harding and the goalie came up looking hurt.
The play came with about four minutes to play in the period and Harding did stay in the game, but when the second period got underway it would be backup and third-stringer Darcy Kuemper taking over in net.
Michael Russo of The Star Tribune reports Harding is out with a lower body injury. He faced six shots and allowed a goal to Patrick Sharp before departing. Harding was playing thanks to an injury to starting goalie Niklas Backstrom suffered during warmups before the start of Game 1.
Here’s video of the play in question:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)