May 7, 2013, 6:47 PM EDT
It looks like Penguins defenseman Brooks Orpik (lower body) is also probable and will be paired up with Paul Martin. Orpik hasn’t played yet in this series, but he was by far the team’s most prolific player when it came to blocked shots during the regular season with 114 in 46 contests.
Pittsburgh has a 2-1 series lead after earning a 5-4 overtime victory on Sunday.
Update: The Penguins have confirmed that Neal and Orpik will return tonight.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 2
- In praise of John Tavares 11
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 20
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36