May 7, 2013, 8:13 PM EDT
Boston Bruins forward Jaromir Jagr has played in 1,391 career NHL games and another 183 postseason contests.
At 41 years old, you have to wonder how many more games he’s got left in him and during the national anthems before Game 3 of their first-round series against the Toronto Maple Leafs, he was just trying to take it all in.
“I’m not going to play many more games,” Jagr acknowledge to ESPN. “Hopefully I might play a year, maybe two. I would love to.”
For now though, Jagr is focused on winning another Stanley Cup, but not so much for his own sake.
“For me, it’s more special if I can help to make somebody else happy, or the fans, or my teammates who have never won it,” Jagr, who has won the Stanley Cup twice, said. “That’s what I enjoy more.”
Jagr wasn’t great in the first two games of the Bruins’ first-round series, but he was coming off of a “tough flu.” He had an assist on Monday and his play impressed Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli.
“He personalizes a superstar,” Chiarelli added. “I think the guys were originally in awe of him. Now they see he’s just a normal guy. This is a guy that probably half the guys in our locker room looked up to as a superstar for their whole life, just watching him play, myself included.”
The Bruins, who have a 2-1 series lead over the Maple Leafs, will play on Wednesday (7:00 p.m. ET, CNBC).
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 44
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 63
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (63)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)