May 7, 2013, 8:13 PM EST
Boston Bruins forward Jaromir Jagr has played in 1,391 career NHL games and another 183 postseason contests.
At 41 years old, you have to wonder how many more games he’s got left in him and during the national anthems before Game 3 of their first-round series against the Toronto Maple Leafs, he was just trying to take it all in.
“I’m not going to play many more games,” Jagr acknowledge to ESPN. “Hopefully I might play a year, maybe two. I would love to.”
For now though, Jagr is focused on winning another Stanley Cup, but not so much for his own sake.
“For me, it’s more special if I can help to make somebody else happy, or the fans, or my teammates who have never won it,” Jagr, who has won the Stanley Cup twice, said. “That’s what I enjoy more.”
Jagr wasn’t great in the first two games of the Bruins’ first-round series, but he was coming off of a “tough flu.” He had an assist on Monday and his play impressed Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli.
“He personalizes a superstar,” Chiarelli added. “I think the guys were originally in awe of him. Now they see he’s just a normal guy. This is a guy that probably half the guys in our locker room looked up to as a superstar for their whole life, just watching him play, myself included.”
The Bruins, who have a 2-1 series lead over the Maple Leafs, will play on Wednesday (7:00 p.m. ET, CNBC).
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)