May 7, 2013, 12:45 PM EDT
What do the Islanders need to do to beat the Penguins?
Oh, nothing really — just “play almost perfect hockey,” according to their coach, Jack Capuano.
Despite losing 5-4 in overtime, the Isles played well in Game 3 of their first-round series at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum on Sunday. They outshot the Penguins, 36-25, and outscored them five-on-five.
But the Isles weren’t perfect. Pittsburgh ended up with five power-play opportunities, converting on three of them, including the winner in overtime.
Was it a questionable call on Strait? Sure. Especially in overtime. Nobody would’ve been shocked if the referee had decided to keep his arm down.
That being said, the Isles need to do a better job on the penalty kill tonight in Game 4.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 13
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 87
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 70
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 167
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (167)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (87)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)