May 7, 2013, 12:45 PM EDT
What do the Islanders need to do to beat the Penguins?
Oh, nothing really — just “play almost perfect hockey,” according to their coach, Jack Capuano.
Despite losing 5-4 in overtime, the Isles played well in Game 3 of their first-round series at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum on Sunday. They outshot the Penguins, 36-25, and outscored them five-on-five.
But the Isles weren’t perfect. Pittsburgh ended up with five power-play opportunities, converting on three of them, including the winner in overtime.
Was it a questionable call on Strait? Sure. Especially in overtime. Nobody would’ve been shocked if the referee had decided to keep his arm down.
That being said, the Isles need to do a better job on the penalty kill tonight in Game 4.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 21
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 33
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 27
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 25
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 24
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 58
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6