May 7, 2013, 12:45 PM EDT
What do the Islanders need to do to beat the Penguins?
Oh, nothing really — just “play almost perfect hockey,” according to their coach, Jack Capuano.
Despite losing 5-4 in overtime, the Isles played well in Game 3 of their first-round series at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum on Sunday. They outshot the Penguins, 36-25, and outscored them five-on-five.
But the Isles weren’t perfect. Pittsburgh ended up with five power-play opportunities, converting on three of them, including the winner in overtime.
Was it a questionable call on Strait? Sure. Especially in overtime. Nobody would’ve been shocked if the referee had decided to keep his arm down.
That being said, the Isles need to do a better job on the penalty kill tonight in Game 4.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7