May 7, 2013, 11:23 PM EST
Montreal’s Game 4 overtime loss was hard enough to take as they’re now down 3-1 in the series. Losing a pair of important players in the process just makes it that much worse.
Star goalie Carey Price was injured late in the third period and replaced by Peter Budaj in overtime while Brandon Prust was seen favoring his shoulder. Coach Michel Therrien said he doesn’t know if either player will be available in Game 5. Price was officially said to have a lower-body injury and Prust was out with an upper-body injury. No kidding.
With the Habs now on the brink of elimination and heading home to Montreal, going without both Price and Prust on top of being without captain Brian Gionta it makes their hill to climb look like the Matterhorn. Game 5 is set for Thursday night.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)