May 7, 2013, 11:23 PM EDT
Montreal’s Game 4 overtime loss was hard enough to take as they’re now down 3-1 in the series. Losing a pair of important players in the process just makes it that much worse.
Star goalie Carey Price was injured late in the third period and replaced by Peter Budaj in overtime while Brandon Prust was seen favoring his shoulder. Coach Michel Therrien said he doesn’t know if either player will be available in Game 5. Price was officially said to have a lower-body injury and Prust was out with an upper-body injury. No kidding.
With the Habs now on the brink of elimination and heading home to Montreal, going without both Price and Prust on top of being without captain Brian Gionta it makes their hill to climb look like the Matterhorn. Game 5 is set for Thursday night.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)