May 7, 2013, 11:23 PM EST
Montreal’s Game 4 overtime loss was hard enough to take as they’re now down 3-1 in the series. Losing a pair of important players in the process just makes it that much worse.
Star goalie Carey Price was injured late in the third period and replaced by Peter Budaj in overtime while Brandon Prust was seen favoring his shoulder. Coach Michel Therrien said he doesn’t know if either player will be available in Game 5. Price was officially said to have a lower-body injury and Prust was out with an upper-body injury. No kidding.
With the Habs now on the brink of elimination and heading home to Montreal, going without both Price and Prust on top of being without captain Brian Gionta it makes their hill to climb look like the Matterhorn. Game 5 is set for Thursday night.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 10
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 40
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (40)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)