May 7, 2013, 11:23 PM EDT
Montreal’s Game 4 overtime loss was hard enough to take as they’re now down 3-1 in the series. Losing a pair of important players in the process just makes it that much worse.
Star goalie Carey Price was injured late in the third period and replaced by Peter Budaj in overtime while Brandon Prust was seen favoring his shoulder. Coach Michel Therrien said he doesn’t know if either player will be available in Game 5. Price was officially said to have a lower-body injury and Prust was out with an upper-body injury. No kidding.
With the Habs now on the brink of elimination and heading home to Montreal, going without both Price and Prust on top of being without captain Brian Gionta it makes their hill to climb look like the Matterhorn. Game 5 is set for Thursday night.
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 5
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 16
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13