May 7, 2013, 11:23 PM EDT
Montreal’s Game 4 overtime loss was hard enough to take as they’re now down 3-1 in the series. Losing a pair of important players in the process just makes it that much worse.
Star goalie Carey Price was injured late in the third period and replaced by Peter Budaj in overtime while Brandon Prust was seen favoring his shoulder. Coach Michel Therrien said he doesn’t know if either player will be available in Game 5. Price was officially said to have a lower-body injury and Prust was out with an upper-body injury. No kidding.
With the Habs now on the brink of elimination and heading home to Montreal, going without both Price and Prust on top of being without captain Brian Gionta it makes their hill to climb look like the Matterhorn. Game 5 is set for Thursday night.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 14
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 90
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (90)