May 7, 2013, 1:22 PM EDT
Josh Harding will be back in goal tonight when the Wild take on the Blackhawks at Xcel Energy Center.
Harding, who replaced Niklas Backstrom prior to Game 1 of the series, has been stellar in relief of the injured Finn.
Harding’s posted a 2.26 GAA and .928 save percentage, including a stellar Game 3 performance where he stopped 25 of 27 shots and was named the game’s third star as Minnesota won its first postseason game since 2008.
As for Backstrom, there’s no telling if he’ll see another game this series — healthy or not.
He has been skating as of late, but still wasn’t fit (as of Sunday) to dress as Harding’s backup. AHL Houston call-up Darcy Kuemper has filled that role through the first three games.
According to FoxSportsNorth.com, Backstrom will be a gametime decision this evening.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39