May 7, 2013, 11:39 AM EDT
After serving a two-game suspension for putting Montreal’s Lars Eller in the hospital with an “illegal” open-ice hit, Senators rookie defenseman Eric Gryba will be back in the lineup tonight for Game 4 in Ottawa.
The question now is, will the Canadiens do anything about it?
“I’m sure guys are going to look for an opportunity to take a run at me,” the 25-year-old said, per Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes. “But it’s nothing I haven’t dealt with before.”
As we wrote yesterday, once the puck drops, the Habs will likely be focused on winning the game, not settling scores. They’re down 2-1 in the series and would love to go back to Montreal having regained home-ice advantage.
But if the game is decided before the final horn sounds, viewers might want to keep watching.
Zack Smith on Habs: "If they're going into the game worried about Eric and wanting payback, that's only going to work to our benefit."—
Ian Mendes (@ian_mendes) May 07, 2013
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)