May 7, 2013, 11:39 AM EDT
After serving a two-game suspension for putting Montreal’s Lars Eller in the hospital with an “illegal” open-ice hit, Senators rookie defenseman Eric Gryba will be back in the lineup tonight for Game 4 in Ottawa.
The question now is, will the Canadiens do anything about it?
“I’m sure guys are going to look for an opportunity to take a run at me,” the 25-year-old said, per Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes. “But it’s nothing I haven’t dealt with before.”
As we wrote yesterday, once the puck drops, the Habs will likely be focused on winning the game, not settling scores. They’re down 2-1 in the series and would love to go back to Montreal having regained home-ice advantage.
But if the game is decided before the final horn sounds, viewers might want to keep watching.
Zack Smith on Habs: "If they're going into the game worried about Eric and wanting payback, that's only going to work to our benefit."—
Ian Mendes (@ian_mendes) May 07, 2013
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)