May 7, 2013, 1:05 AM EDT
The L.A. Kings are back on even terms in their best-of-seven series with the St. Louis Blues.
The Kings, the defending Stanley Cup champs who found themselves down 2-0 after the opening two games in St. Louis, tied the series at two-games apiece with a 4-3 victory on Monday night.
And this bruising series will go at least six games.
Here are some talking points.
- Anze Kopitar and Justin Williams scored one minute and 16 seconds apart in the third period to dig the Kings out of a one-goal deficit and into the lead.
- The Williams goal came off a deflection in front of the net. The goal was reviewed for a possible high stick, but the call on the ice would stand.
- Blues’ forward T.J. Oshie scored twice, giving St. Louis a two-goal in the first period and a 3-2 lead in the second period. But the Blues couldn’t hang on.
- Dustin Penner, who scored a paltry two goals in 33 games during the regular season, tallied for the Kings.
- The Blues, needing to generate something of an attack once they fell behind in the third period, produced all of five shots on Jonathan Quick. That’s not enough.
- Each game in this series has been decided by one goal.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 17
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 13
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)