May 7, 2013, 1:05 AM EDT
The L.A. Kings are back on even terms in their best-of-seven series with the St. Louis Blues.
The Kings, the defending Stanley Cup champs who found themselves down 2-0 after the opening two games in St. Louis, tied the series at two-games apiece with a 4-3 victory on Monday night.
And this bruising series will go at least six games.
Here are some talking points.
- Anze Kopitar and Justin Williams scored one minute and 16 seconds apart in the third period to dig the Kings out of a one-goal deficit and into the lead.
- The Williams goal came off a deflection in front of the net. The goal was reviewed for a possible high stick, but the call on the ice would stand.
- Blues’ forward T.J. Oshie scored twice, giving St. Louis a two-goal in the first period and a 3-2 lead in the second period. But the Blues couldn’t hang on.
- Dustin Penner, who scored a paltry two goals in 33 games during the regular season, tallied for the Kings.
- The Blues, needing to generate something of an attack once they fell behind in the third period, produced all of five shots on Jonathan Quick. That’s not enough.
- Each game in this series has been decided by one goal.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 10
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 8
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 33
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)