May 7, 2013, 1:05 AM EDT
The L.A. Kings are back on even terms in their best-of-seven series with the St. Louis Blues.
The Kings, the defending Stanley Cup champs who found themselves down 2-0 after the opening two games in St. Louis, tied the series at two-games apiece with a 4-3 victory on Monday night.
And this bruising series will go at least six games.
Here are some talking points.
- Anze Kopitar and Justin Williams scored one minute and 16 seconds apart in the third period to dig the Kings out of a one-goal deficit and into the lead.
- The Williams goal came off a deflection in front of the net. The goal was reviewed for a possible high stick, but the call on the ice would stand.
- Blues’ forward T.J. Oshie scored twice, giving St. Louis a two-goal in the first period and a 3-2 lead in the second period. But the Blues couldn’t hang on.
- Dustin Penner, who scored a paltry two goals in 33 games during the regular season, tallied for the Kings.
- The Blues, needing to generate something of an attack once they fell behind in the third period, produced all of five shots on Jonathan Quick. That’s not enough.
- Each game in this series has been decided by one goal.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)