May 7, 2013, 6:44 PM EDT
Rangers forward Ryane Clowe (undisclosed) missed his fourth consecutive game on Monday despite some initial optimism. However, he had a good practice on Tuesday, which might lead to his return for Game 4 on Wednesday.
The 30-year-old, who is believed to be recovering from a concussion, isn’t about to make any predictions.
“I want to make sure I’m in, I’m all in when I do go in,” Clowe told NHL.com. “I’d like to be able to tell you guys more, but it’s just day-to-day how I feel. I did some battle stuff today and I felt pretty good.”
Meanwhile Rangers forward Darroll Powe couldn’t practice on Tuesday due to an undisclosed injury. The Rangers haven’t updated his status, but Powe’s injury might force the Rangers to make a lineup change on Wednesday regardless of whether or not Clowe is an option.
The Washington Capitals have a 2-1 series lead going into tomorrow’s contest.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 0
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 10
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)