May 7, 2013, 12:10 AM EST
P.K. Subban was often involved in one way or another in Sunday’s fight-filled game between the Montreal Canadiens and Ottawa Senators.
So involved was Subban that he apparently forgot all about it the next day.
“I don’t remember, to be honest with you,” Subban, the Canadiens defenseman, told the Ottawa Sun. “There were so many different things that happened in (Sunday’s) game. There were so many different distractions. For us, we just want to look forward.”
The Canadiens, as a team, were frustrated throughout Sunday’s Game 3, which they lost 6-1 and fell behind in the best-of-seven series two-games-to-one.
Emotions boiled over in a chaotic third period. The two teams combined for one line brawl and a total of 236 penalty minutes.
For his part, Subban had a minus-one rating and 25 penalty minutes. He was ejected for instigating a fight with Senators forward Kyle Turris.
“It was one of those things. I don’t want to be in the box for that long but I was happy seeing our guys stand up for each other,” Subban told the Montreal Gazette.
“We’re a team that a lot of people don’t expect to see fight or get involved physically, but it’s about a character.
“For people who say there’s dissension or issues in our room…to see a guy like Brendan Gallagher go out and fight a guy and not even think twice about it, that says a lot about our team.”
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 8
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 17
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 46
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)