May 7, 2013, 12:10 AM EDT
P.K. Subban was often involved in one way or another in Sunday’s fight-filled game between the Montreal Canadiens and Ottawa Senators.
So involved was Subban that he apparently forgot all about it the next day.
“I don’t remember, to be honest with you,” Subban, the Canadiens defenseman, told the Ottawa Sun. “There were so many different things that happened in (Sunday’s) game. There were so many different distractions. For us, we just want to look forward.”
The Canadiens, as a team, were frustrated throughout Sunday’s Game 3, which they lost 6-1 and fell behind in the best-of-seven series two-games-to-one.
Emotions boiled over in a chaotic third period. The two teams combined for one line brawl and a total of 236 penalty minutes.
For his part, Subban had a minus-one rating and 25 penalty minutes. He was ejected for instigating a fight with Senators forward Kyle Turris.
“It was one of those things. I don’t want to be in the box for that long but I was happy seeing our guys stand up for each other,” Subban told the Montreal Gazette.
“We’re a team that a lot of people don’t expect to see fight or get involved physically, but it’s about a character.
“For people who say there’s dissension or issues in our room…to see a guy like Brendan Gallagher go out and fight a guy and not even think twice about it, that says a lot about our team.”
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 7
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)