May 7, 2013, 12:10 AM EDT
P.K. Subban was often involved in one way or another in Sunday’s fight-filled game between the Montreal Canadiens and Ottawa Senators.
So involved was Subban that he apparently forgot all about it the next day.
“I don’t remember, to be honest with you,” Subban, the Canadiens defenseman, told the Ottawa Sun. “There were so many different things that happened in (Sunday’s) game. There were so many different distractions. For us, we just want to look forward.”
The Canadiens, as a team, were frustrated throughout Sunday’s Game 3, which they lost 6-1 and fell behind in the best-of-seven series two-games-to-one.
Emotions boiled over in a chaotic third period. The two teams combined for one line brawl and a total of 236 penalty minutes.
For his part, Subban had a minus-one rating and 25 penalty minutes. He was ejected for instigating a fight with Senators forward Kyle Turris.
“It was one of those things. I don’t want to be in the box for that long but I was happy seeing our guys stand up for each other,” Subban told the Montreal Gazette.
“We’re a team that a lot of people don’t expect to see fight or get involved physically, but it’s about a character.
“For people who say there’s dissension or issues in our room…to see a guy like Brendan Gallagher go out and fight a guy and not even think twice about it, that says a lot about our team.”
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 2
- Video: Patrick Kane scores a beauty against Buffalo 1
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 28
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)