May 6, 2013, 3:06 PM EDT
Veteran forward Mikael Samuelsson will be skating with Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg on Detroit’s top line when the Red Wings host the Ducks in Game 4 of their series (Anaheim leads, 2-1) tonight at Joe Louis Arena.
Samuelsson will replace the suspended Justin Abdelkader.
“It is a good opportunity. I’m excited about it,” Samuelsson said, per NHL.com.
“I’ve been here before and I’ve played with good players. I know what they’re capable of and I’ll try to find some open spots.”
Samuelsson has been hampered by injuries (groin, pectoral, broken finger) this season, but the 36-year-old does have 58 points in 100 career playoff games.
Here’s how all four Wings lines look:
Henrik Zetterberg – Pavel Datsyuk – Mikael Samuelsson
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 20
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 46
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39