May 6, 2013, 3:06 PM EDT
Veteran forward Mikael Samuelsson will be skating with Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg on Detroit’s top line when the Red Wings host the Ducks in Game 4 of their series (Anaheim leads, 2-1) tonight at Joe Louis Arena.
Samuelsson will replace the suspended Justin Abdelkader.
“It is a good opportunity. I’m excited about it,” Samuelsson said, per NHL.com.
“I’ve been here before and I’ve played with good players. I know what they’re capable of and I’ll try to find some open spots.”
Samuelsson has been hampered by injuries (groin, pectoral, broken finger) this season, but the 36-year-old does have 58 points in 100 career playoff games.
Here’s how all four Wings lines look:
Henrik Zetterberg – Pavel Datsyuk – Mikael Samuelsson
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)