May 6, 2013, 3:06 PM EDT
Veteran forward Mikael Samuelsson will be skating with Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg on Detroit’s top line when the Red Wings host the Ducks in Game 4 of their series (Anaheim leads, 2-1) tonight at Joe Louis Arena.
Samuelsson will replace the suspended Justin Abdelkader.
“It is a good opportunity. I’m excited about it,” Samuelsson said, per NHL.com.
“I’ve been here before and I’ve played with good players. I know what they’re capable of and I’ll try to find some open spots.”
Samuelsson has been hampered by injuries (groin, pectoral, broken finger) this season, but the 36-year-old does have 58 points in 100 career playoff games.
Here’s how all four Wings lines look:
Henrik Zetterberg – Pavel Datsyuk – Mikael Samuelsson
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 64
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 29
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15