May 6, 2013, 8:42 PM EDT
Game 3 between Montreal and Ottawa sure had enough going on with it to keep everyone talking. One of the things that got some folks in Montreal upset was the timeout Senators coach Paul MacLean called late in the game with most of his team already in the locker room thanks to ejections.
Montreal coach Michel Therrien was visibly upset during the game over it and sounded off about it being a “classless” move in a blowout game.
Did MacLean break an “unwritten rule” of hockey by doing that or was he just making sure, as he said, that none of his players got hurt? NBC’s Mike Milbury and Jeremy Roenick debated it tonight on NHL Live.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 19
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)