May 6, 2013, 8:42 PM EDT
Game 3 between Montreal and Ottawa sure had enough going on with it to keep everyone talking. One of the things that got some folks in Montreal upset was the timeout Senators coach Paul MacLean called late in the game with most of his team already in the locker room thanks to ejections.
Montreal coach Michel Therrien was visibly upset during the game over it and sounded off about it being a “classless” move in a blowout game.
Did MacLean break an “unwritten rule” of hockey by doing that or was he just making sure, as he said, that none of his players got hurt? NBC’s Mike Milbury and Jeremy Roenick debated it tonight on NHL Live.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 1
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 15
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 67
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 33
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 58
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 57
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7