May 6, 2013, 8:42 PM EDT
Game 3 between Montreal and Ottawa sure had enough going on with it to keep everyone talking. One of the things that got some folks in Montreal upset was the timeout Senators coach Paul MacLean called late in the game with most of his team already in the locker room thanks to ejections.
Montreal coach Michel Therrien was visibly upset during the game over it and sounded off about it being a “classless” move in a blowout game.
Did MacLean break an “unwritten rule” of hockey by doing that or was he just making sure, as he said, that none of his players got hurt? NBC’s Mike Milbury and Jeremy Roenick debated it tonight on NHL Live.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54