May 6, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Playoff hockey is back in Toronto, and fans are paying big bucks to be there in person.
At Stubhub, the cheapest ticket to get into the Maple Leafs’ first home postseason game since 2004 — tonight against the Bruins at the Air Canada Centre — is $205.
And that’s for a single in one of the balcony’s standing-room-only sections.
If you actually want to sit for the game, it’ll cost you $264 minimum.
For the good seats, prices are approaching $1,000. (Though it’s not clear if anyone’s actually paid this much.)
Today is also “Blue and White Day” in Toronto, as proclaimed by the city’s mayor, Rob Ford.
No paper bags required.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 0
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 20
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22