May 6, 2013, 4:33 PM EDT
The war of words between Montreal and Ottawa continued on Monday, as Habs head coach Michel Therrien accused the Senators of abusing star rookie Brendan Gallagher in Sunday’s 6-1 loss.
Gallagher was in the midst of a number of incidents during Game 3. He drew three first-period roughing penalties from Jared Cowen, Chris Phillips and Chris Neil, then threw down with fellow rookie Cory Conacher in a third-period fight:
As the replay shows, the incident was instigated by Montreal forward Brandon Prust, then quickly followed up on by Gallagher.
While it’s unclear if Ottawa actually planned to go after Gallagher, it certainly made a point of rendering him less effective than in the first two contests.
In Game 1, he scored a power-play goal and finished with a team-high eight shots on net. In Game 2, he notched the game-winning tally while recording four shots on goal.
In Game 3, Gallagher finished an ugly minus-3 and was held off the scoresheet entirely.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)