May 6, 2013, 4:33 PM EDT
The war of words between Montreal and Ottawa continued on Monday, as Habs head coach Michel Therrien accused the Senators of abusing star rookie Brendan Gallagher in Sunday’s 6-1 loss.
Gallagher was in the midst of a number of incidents during Game 3. He drew three first-period roughing penalties from Jared Cowen, Chris Phillips and Chris Neil, then threw down with fellow rookie Cory Conacher in a third-period fight:
As the replay shows, the incident was instigated by Montreal forward Brandon Prust, then quickly followed up on by Gallagher.
While it’s unclear if Ottawa actually planned to go after Gallagher, it certainly made a point of rendering him less effective than in the first two contests.
In Game 1, he scored a power-play goal and finished with a team-high eight shots on net. In Game 2, he notched the game-winning tally while recording four shots on goal.
In Game 3, Gallagher finished an ugly minus-3 and was held off the scoresheet entirely.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 11
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 33
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)