May 6, 2013, 9:04 AM EDT
Canucks coach Alain Vigneault said Roberto Luongo wasn’t the problem in their first two losses to the San Jose Sharks, but he still replaced him with a now healthy Cory Schneider for Game 3. For that, the San Jose Sharks thank him.
Actually, the Sharks did face Luongo on Sunday, but not before they beat Schneider five times on 28 shots. Roberto Luongo came into the game early in the third period and stopped 10 straight shots.
“I felt pretty good until the start of the third period,” Schneider told the Vancouver Sun. “I just didn’t do enough, didn’t keep my team in it, didn’t give them a chance to win. I just let them down in a big way. It’s a real disappointing feeling.”
So with the Canucks down 3-0 in this series, who should start in Game 4 on Tuesday?
“If I’m called upon, I’ll be ready.” Luongo said. “If not, Cory will be ready as well. It’s his team and whatever happens I will be 100 per cent supportive.”
Either way, the Vancouver Canucks need to step up offensively or the goaltending debate will be moot.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 46
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)