May 6, 2013, 9:04 AM EDT
Canucks coach Alain Vigneault said Roberto Luongo wasn’t the problem in their first two losses to the San Jose Sharks, but he still replaced him with a now healthy Cory Schneider for Game 3. For that, the San Jose Sharks thank him.
Actually, the Sharks did face Luongo on Sunday, but not before they beat Schneider five times on 28 shots. Roberto Luongo came into the game early in the third period and stopped 10 straight shots.
“I felt pretty good until the start of the third period,” Schneider told the Vancouver Sun. “I just didn’t do enough, didn’t keep my team in it, didn’t give them a chance to win. I just let them down in a big way. It’s a real disappointing feeling.”
So with the Canucks down 3-0 in this series, who should start in Game 4 on Tuesday?
“If I’m called upon, I’ll be ready.” Luongo said. “If not, Cory will be ready as well. It’s his team and whatever happens I will be 100 per cent supportive.”
Either way, the Vancouver Canucks need to step up offensively or the goaltending debate will be moot.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 11
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 9
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 9
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 94
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)