May 6, 2013, 9:04 AM EDT
Canucks coach Alain Vigneault said Roberto Luongo wasn’t the problem in their first two losses to the San Jose Sharks, but he still replaced him with a now healthy Cory Schneider for Game 3. For that, the San Jose Sharks thank him.
Actually, the Sharks did face Luongo on Sunday, but not before they beat Schneider five times on 28 shots. Roberto Luongo came into the game early in the third period and stopped 10 straight shots.
“I felt pretty good until the start of the third period,” Schneider told the Vancouver Sun. “I just didn’t do enough, didn’t keep my team in it, didn’t give them a chance to win. I just let them down in a big way. It’s a real disappointing feeling.”
So with the Canucks down 3-0 in this series, who should start in Game 4 on Tuesday?
“If I’m called upon, I’ll be ready.” Luongo said. “If not, Cory will be ready as well. It’s his team and whatever happens I will be 100 per cent supportive.”
Either way, the Vancouver Canucks need to step up offensively or the goaltending debate will be moot.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)