May 6, 2013, 9:04 AM EDT
Canucks coach Alain Vigneault said Roberto Luongo wasn’t the problem in their first two losses to the San Jose Sharks, but he still replaced him with a now healthy Cory Schneider for Game 3. For that, the San Jose Sharks thank him.
Actually, the Sharks did face Luongo on Sunday, but not before they beat Schneider five times on 28 shots. Roberto Luongo came into the game early in the third period and stopped 10 straight shots.
“I felt pretty good until the start of the third period,” Schneider told the Vancouver Sun. “I just didn’t do enough, didn’t keep my team in it, didn’t give them a chance to win. I just let them down in a big way. It’s a real disappointing feeling.”
So with the Canucks down 3-0 in this series, who should start in Game 4 on Tuesday?
“If I’m called upon, I’ll be ready.” Luongo said. “If not, Cory will be ready as well. It’s his team and whatever happens I will be 100 per cent supportive.”
Either way, the Vancouver Canucks need to step up offensively or the goaltending debate will be moot.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 9
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 11
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 68
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 7
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 49
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)