May 6, 2013, 10:46 AM EST
After a controversial Game 3 of their Eastern Conference quarterfinal, the Ottawa Senators and Montreal Canadiens have both escaped further punishment and won’t be subjected to any disciplinary hearings.
Sunday’s contest — a 6-1 Ottawa win — was marred by a third period that saw the teams combine for 210 penalty minutes in the third period alone.
There were 14 fighting majors, eight game misconducts and a slew of controversial moments, including this Rene Bourque elbow on Cory Conacher:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The two teams will be back in action on Tuesday night (7 p.m. ET, CNBC) in Ottawa. The Senators lead the series two games to one.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 13
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 10
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 5
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 31
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11