May 6, 2013, 10:46 AM EDT
After a controversial Game 3 of their Eastern Conference quarterfinal, the Ottawa Senators and Montreal Canadiens have both escaped further punishment and won’t be subjected to any disciplinary hearings.
Sunday’s contest — a 6-1 Ottawa win — was marred by a third period that saw the teams combine for 210 penalty minutes in the third period alone.
There were 14 fighting majors, eight game misconducts and a slew of controversial moments, including this Rene Bourque elbow on Cory Conacher:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The two teams will be back in action on Tuesday night (7 p.m. ET, CNBC) in Ottawa. The Senators lead the series two games to one.
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 7
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47