May 6, 2013, 7:15 AM EST
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Minnesota Wild goaltender Josh Harding praised his teammates after earning his first career postseason victory yesterday. (CSN Chicago)
Despite winning in overtime yesterday, at least one Pittsburgh columnist is unhappy with the Penguins’ play as of late. His article starts with the line, “Are these guys stupid?” (Pittsburgh Tribune-Review)
In some respectives, Capitals coach Adam Oates and Rangers coach John Tortorella’s attitudes are polar opposites. (CSN Washington)
Kings coach Darryl Sutter doesn’t think his squad or the St. Louis Blues have had any much momentum in their first-round series yet. “The players are confident on both teams, so you just kind of go shift-to-shift.” (LA Kings Insider)
Detroit Red Wings defenseman Danny DeKeyser will have surgery on his thumb tomorrow, GM Ken Holland confirmed. He’s expected to need about eight weeks to recover from the injury he sustained in Game 2. (Detroit News)
It looks like Anaheim Ducks defenseman Sheldon Souray will play tonight. Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau didn’t want to rule out blueliner Toni Lydman, but conceded that “bright lights are bugging him.” (Eric Stephens)
Patrick Wiercioch exited the Ottawa Senators’ game against the Montreal Canadiens due to a lower-body injury. The 22-year-old lasted just two shifts and 1:47 minutes in his postseason debut. (NHL.com)
Dec 10, 2013, 11:47 PM EST
Ben Scrivens must feel a little less special.
Dec 10, 2013, 11:14 PM EST
He said this is his worst stretch with the team.
Dec 10, 2013, 10:36 PM EST
Dec 10, 2013, 10:33 PM EST
Nashville ends a five-game skid.
Dec 10, 2013, 10:02 PM EST
Dec 10, 2013, 9:30 PM EST
Alex Ovechkin made the Lightning pay.
Dec 10, 2013, 8:24 PM EST
At least he made it longer than Braden Holtby.
Dec 10, 2013, 8:08 PM EST
Martin Jones and Ben Scrivens are holding down the fort.
Dec 10, 2013, 7:47 PM EST
Mike Green also gets a game misconduct.
Dec 10, 2013, 7:12 PM EST
GMs sing his praises, too.
Dec 10, 2013, 6:52 PM EST
It won’t happen in 2014-15, though.
Dec 10, 2013, 5:31 PM EST
It’s a hot-button issue in the wake of Saturday’s Boston-Pittsburgh game.
Dec 10, 2013, 5:13 PM EST
Phoenix has just two wins in its last eight.
Dec 10, 2013, 4:21 PM EST
Former first-round pick on his way to Norfolk.
Dec 10, 2013, 3:02 PM EST
We’re about to find out.
Dec 10, 2013, 2:42 PM EST
A loaded Detroit roster gets… more loaded.
Dec 10, 2013, 2:15 PM EST
‘Hawks no like.
Dec 10, 2013, 1:53 PM EST
For the second time this season.
Dec 10, 2013, 1:40 PM EST
Chicago’s goalie depth about to be tested.
Dec 10, 2013, 1:36 PM EST
It really wasn’t.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 33
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 10
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 67
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)