May 6, 2013, 7:50 PM EDT
Safe to say things haven’t gone Vancouver’s way in their series with San Jose. They’re down 3-0 and after seeing the offense not show up in the first two games with Roberto Luongo in goal, Cory Schneider had a rough night in Game 3 giving up five goals in a 5-2 loss.
Now the question is back as to who will start Game 4. For what it’s worth, Luongo says he’s ready to go if they need him as Brad Ziemer of the Vancouver Sun shares.
“If I’m called upon, I’ll be ready.” Luongo said. “If not, Cory will be ready as well. It’s his team and whatever happens I will be 100 per cent supportive. We just have to make sure when we come to the rink, starting tomorrow, we are 100 per cent dedicated to winning the hockey game, doing whatever it takes whether that is taking a punch in the face, blocking a shot with your teeth. If we have 20 guys ready to do that in the next game, I like our chances.”
Making matters worse for Vancouver, the Sharks piled on after the game saying they “felt lucky” to not face Luongo in Game 3. He didn’t give up a goal after taking over for Schneider in the third period last night.
This summer might get more awkward if Luongo starts and plays well again in Game 4 and helps find the team a way out of the abyss.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 1
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 22
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 8
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 4
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 48
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)