May 6, 2013, 7:50 PM EDT
Safe to say things haven’t gone Vancouver’s way in their series with San Jose. They’re down 3-0 and after seeing the offense not show up in the first two games with Roberto Luongo in goal, Cory Schneider had a rough night in Game 3 giving up five goals in a 5-2 loss.
Now the question is back as to who will start Game 4. For what it’s worth, Luongo says he’s ready to go if they need him as Brad Ziemer of the Vancouver Sun shares.
“If I’m called upon, I’ll be ready.” Luongo said. “If not, Cory will be ready as well. It’s his team and whatever happens I will be 100 per cent supportive. We just have to make sure when we come to the rink, starting tomorrow, we are 100 per cent dedicated to winning the hockey game, doing whatever it takes whether that is taking a punch in the face, blocking a shot with your teeth. If we have 20 guys ready to do that in the next game, I like our chances.”
Making matters worse for Vancouver, the Sharks piled on after the game saying they “felt lucky” to not face Luongo in Game 3. He didn’t give up a goal after taking over for Schneider in the third period last night.
This summer might get more awkward if Luongo starts and plays well again in Game 4 and helps find the team a way out of the abyss.
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 6
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 14
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 56
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (68)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)