May 6, 2013, 7:50 PM EST
Safe to say things haven’t gone Vancouver’s way in their series with San Jose. They’re down 3-0 and after seeing the offense not show up in the first two games with Roberto Luongo in goal, Cory Schneider had a rough night in Game 3 giving up five goals in a 5-2 loss.
Now the question is back as to who will start Game 4. For what it’s worth, Luongo says he’s ready to go if they need him as Brad Ziemer of the Vancouver Sun shares.
“If I’m called upon, I’ll be ready.” Luongo said. “If not, Cory will be ready as well. It’s his team and whatever happens I will be 100 per cent supportive. We just have to make sure when we come to the rink, starting tomorrow, we are 100 per cent dedicated to winning the hockey game, doing whatever it takes whether that is taking a punch in the face, blocking a shot with your teeth. If we have 20 guys ready to do that in the next game, I like our chances.”
Making matters worse for Vancouver, the Sharks piled on after the game saying they “felt lucky” to not face Luongo in Game 3. He didn’t give up a goal after taking over for Schneider in the third period last night.
This summer might get more awkward if Luongo starts and plays well again in Game 4 and helps find the team a way out of the abyss.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 0
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 52
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (52)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)