May 6, 2013, 7:50 PM EST
Safe to say things haven’t gone Vancouver’s way in their series with San Jose. They’re down 3-0 and after seeing the offense not show up in the first two games with Roberto Luongo in goal, Cory Schneider had a rough night in Game 3 giving up five goals in a 5-2 loss.
Now the question is back as to who will start Game 4. For what it’s worth, Luongo says he’s ready to go if they need him as Brad Ziemer of the Vancouver Sun shares.
“If I’m called upon, I’ll be ready.” Luongo said. “If not, Cory will be ready as well. It’s his team and whatever happens I will be 100 per cent supportive. We just have to make sure when we come to the rink, starting tomorrow, we are 100 per cent dedicated to winning the hockey game, doing whatever it takes whether that is taking a punch in the face, blocking a shot with your teeth. If we have 20 guys ready to do that in the next game, I like our chances.”
Making matters worse for Vancouver, the Sharks piled on after the game saying they “felt lucky” to not face Luongo in Game 3. He didn’t give up a goal after taking over for Schneider in the third period last night.
This summer might get more awkward if Luongo starts and plays well again in Game 4 and helps find the team a way out of the abyss.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 56
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 17
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 34
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 51
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 67
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (169)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)