May 6, 2013, 7:50 PM EDT
Safe to say things haven’t gone Vancouver’s way in their series with San Jose. They’re down 3-0 and after seeing the offense not show up in the first two games with Roberto Luongo in goal, Cory Schneider had a rough night in Game 3 giving up five goals in a 5-2 loss.
Now the question is back as to who will start Game 4. For what it’s worth, Luongo says he’s ready to go if they need him as Brad Ziemer of the Vancouver Sun shares.
“If I’m called upon, I’ll be ready.” Luongo said. “If not, Cory will be ready as well. It’s his team and whatever happens I will be 100 per cent supportive. We just have to make sure when we come to the rink, starting tomorrow, we are 100 per cent dedicated to winning the hockey game, doing whatever it takes whether that is taking a punch in the face, blocking a shot with your teeth. If we have 20 guys ready to do that in the next game, I like our chances.”
Making matters worse for Vancouver, the Sharks piled on after the game saying they “felt lucky” to not face Luongo in Game 3. He didn’t give up a goal after taking over for Schneider in the third period last night.
This summer might get more awkward if Luongo starts and plays well again in Game 4 and helps find the team a way out of the abyss.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 17
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)