May 6, 2013, 6:58 PM EDT
Rangers defenseman John Moore thought playing in Madison Square Garden was pretty cool in the regular season. Hey, who wouldn’t like playing in a legendary arena?
Now that the Rangers are set to face the Capitals in Game 3 tonight, Moore can’t quite wrap his head around how it’ll be in a playoff atmosphere as Andrew Gross of Ranger Rants shares.
“I was getting chills in the regular season playing here at the Garden, I can’t even imagine what it’s going to be like in the playoffs,” Moore said. “In Washington for my first playoff game of my career, that’s one of the things that jumps out at you is how electric the building is and how everyone is into it. I’m excited to play in front of our fans and I’m sure it’ll be a night I won’t forget.”
It’ll be more unforgettable if the Rangers can hold it down on home ice and take Game 3 and get back in the series.
Moore and the rest of the Rangers defense has had their hands full in trying to wrangle Alex Ovechkin. If they can do that tonight, they’ll have a chance to be right back in it.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5