May 6, 2013, 6:58 PM EDT
Rangers defenseman John Moore thought playing in Madison Square Garden was pretty cool in the regular season. Hey, who wouldn’t like playing in a legendary arena?
Now that the Rangers are set to face the Capitals in Game 3 tonight, Moore can’t quite wrap his head around how it’ll be in a playoff atmosphere as Andrew Gross of Ranger Rants shares.
“I was getting chills in the regular season playing here at the Garden, I can’t even imagine what it’s going to be like in the playoffs,” Moore said. “In Washington for my first playoff game of my career, that’s one of the things that jumps out at you is how electric the building is and how everyone is into it. I’m excited to play in front of our fans and I’m sure it’ll be a night I won’t forget.”
It’ll be more unforgettable if the Rangers can hold it down on home ice and take Game 3 and get back in the series.
Moore and the rest of the Rangers defense has had their hands full in trying to wrangle Alex Ovechkin. If they can do that tonight, they’ll have a chance to be right back in it.
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 0
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6