May 6, 2013, 6:58 PM EDT
Rangers defenseman John Moore thought playing in Madison Square Garden was pretty cool in the regular season. Hey, who wouldn’t like playing in a legendary arena?
Now that the Rangers are set to face the Capitals in Game 3 tonight, Moore can’t quite wrap his head around how it’ll be in a playoff atmosphere as Andrew Gross of Ranger Rants shares.
“I was getting chills in the regular season playing here at the Garden, I can’t even imagine what it’s going to be like in the playoffs,” Moore said. “In Washington for my first playoff game of my career, that’s one of the things that jumps out at you is how electric the building is and how everyone is into it. I’m excited to play in front of our fans and I’m sure it’ll be a night I won’t forget.”
It’ll be more unforgettable if the Rangers can hold it down on home ice and take Game 3 and get back in the series.
Moore and the rest of the Rangers defense has had their hands full in trying to wrangle Alex Ovechkin. If they can do that tonight, they’ll have a chance to be right back in it.
- Hurricanes say Jordan Staal broke a bone in his right leg 2
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 25
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)