May 6, 2013, 6:58 PM EDT
Rangers defenseman John Moore thought playing in Madison Square Garden was pretty cool in the regular season. Hey, who wouldn’t like playing in a legendary arena?
Now that the Rangers are set to face the Capitals in Game 3 tonight, Moore can’t quite wrap his head around how it’ll be in a playoff atmosphere as Andrew Gross of Ranger Rants shares.
“I was getting chills in the regular season playing here at the Garden, I can’t even imagine what it’s going to be like in the playoffs,” Moore said. “In Washington for my first playoff game of my career, that’s one of the things that jumps out at you is how electric the building is and how everyone is into it. I’m excited to play in front of our fans and I’m sure it’ll be a night I won’t forget.”
It’ll be more unforgettable if the Rangers can hold it down on home ice and take Game 3 and get back in the series.
Moore and the rest of the Rangers defense has had their hands full in trying to wrangle Alex Ovechkin. If they can do that tonight, they’ll have a chance to be right back in it.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 14
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 4
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (55)