May 6, 2013, 6:58 PM EDT
Rangers defenseman John Moore thought playing in Madison Square Garden was pretty cool in the regular season. Hey, who wouldn’t like playing in a legendary arena?
Now that the Rangers are set to face the Capitals in Game 3 tonight, Moore can’t quite wrap his head around how it’ll be in a playoff atmosphere as Andrew Gross of Ranger Rants shares.
“I was getting chills in the regular season playing here at the Garden, I can’t even imagine what it’s going to be like in the playoffs,” Moore said. “In Washington for my first playoff game of my career, that’s one of the things that jumps out at you is how electric the building is and how everyone is into it. I’m excited to play in front of our fans and I’m sure it’ll be a night I won’t forget.”
It’ll be more unforgettable if the Rangers can hold it down on home ice and take Game 3 and get back in the series.
Moore and the rest of the Rangers defense has had their hands full in trying to wrangle Alex Ovechkin. If they can do that tonight, they’ll have a chance to be right back in it.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 8
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 3
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 9
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 14
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)