May 6, 2013, 11:25 PM EDT
The Western Conference quarter-final between the Anaheim Ducks and Detroit Red Wings is now a best of three games.
Here are some talking points.
- The Red Wings fell behind twice in this game, including just past the midway point of the third period. Twice they came back, before winning it in OT.
- The Red Wings and Ducks combined for just eight penalty minutes on Monday. No line brawls, no craziness.
- Ducks goalie Jonas Hiller made a tricky stop on Johan Franzen late in the third period, having to reach back with the glove to smother a loose puck that was precariously close to going in the net.
- That was just minutes before Pavel Datsyuk tied the game up with a laser of a wrist shot that beat Hiller over the glove and appeared to break the water bottle.
- Both goalies played well. Hiller made 46 saves. Jimmy Howard made 31.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 14
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 1
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 16
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13