May 6, 2013, 11:25 PM EDT
The Western Conference quarter-final between the Anaheim Ducks and Detroit Red Wings is now a best of three games.
Here are some talking points.
- The Red Wings fell behind twice in this game, including just past the midway point of the third period. Twice they came back, before winning it in OT.
- The Red Wings and Ducks combined for just eight penalty minutes on Monday. No line brawls, no craziness.
- Ducks goalie Jonas Hiller made a tricky stop on Johan Franzen late in the third period, having to reach back with the glove to smother a loose puck that was precariously close to going in the net.
- That was just minutes before Pavel Datsyuk tied the game up with a laser of a wrist shot that beat Hiller over the glove and appeared to break the water bottle.
- Both goalies played well. Hiller made 46 saves. Jimmy Howard made 31.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)