May 6, 2013, 11:25 PM EST
The Western Conference quarter-final between the Anaheim Ducks and Detroit Red Wings is now a best of three games.
Here are some talking points.
- The Red Wings fell behind twice in this game, including just past the midway point of the third period. Twice they came back, before winning it in OT.
- The Red Wings and Ducks combined for just eight penalty minutes on Monday. No line brawls, no craziness.
- Ducks goalie Jonas Hiller made a tricky stop on Johan Franzen late in the third period, having to reach back with the glove to smother a loose puck that was precariously close to going in the net.
- That was just minutes before Pavel Datsyuk tied the game up with a laser of a wrist shot that beat Hiller over the glove and appeared to break the water bottle.
- Both goalies played well. Hiller made 46 saves. Jimmy Howard made 31.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)