May 6, 2013, 11:25 PM EDT
The Western Conference quarter-final between the Anaheim Ducks and Detroit Red Wings is now a best of three games.
Here are some talking points.
- The Red Wings fell behind twice in this game, including just past the midway point of the third period. Twice they came back, before winning it in OT.
- The Red Wings and Ducks combined for just eight penalty minutes on Monday. No line brawls, no craziness.
- Ducks goalie Jonas Hiller made a tricky stop on Johan Franzen late in the third period, having to reach back with the glove to smother a loose puck that was precariously close to going in the net.
- That was just minutes before Pavel Datsyuk tied the game up with a laser of a wrist shot that beat Hiller over the glove and appeared to break the water bottle.
- Both goalies played well. Hiller made 46 saves. Jimmy Howard made 31.
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 23
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)