May 6, 2013, 11:25 PM EST
The Western Conference quarter-final between the Anaheim Ducks and Detroit Red Wings is now a best of three games.
Here are some talking points.
- The Red Wings fell behind twice in this game, including just past the midway point of the third period. Twice they came back, before winning it in OT.
- The Red Wings and Ducks combined for just eight penalty minutes on Monday. No line brawls, no craziness.
- Ducks goalie Jonas Hiller made a tricky stop on Johan Franzen late in the third period, having to reach back with the glove to smother a loose puck that was precariously close to going in the net.
- That was just minutes before Pavel Datsyuk tied the game up with a laser of a wrist shot that beat Hiller over the glove and appeared to break the water bottle.
- Both goalies played well. Hiller made 46 saves. Jimmy Howard made 31.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2