May 6, 2013, 9:36 PM EDT
Vancouver’s Kevin Bieksa sure found a good way to distract from his team being down 3-0 to the San Jose Sharks.
David Pollak of the San Jose Mercury News got the other side of the story from Couture and he kept it pretty simple.
“Really?” was his first reaction. Then he continued. “There’s really not much to say. I’m not going to go to the media and do any talking. I’ll do my talking on the ice.”
Now there’s some swagger. Why not just toss in a, “Dude, scoreboard” while you’re at it. It’s earned at this point given how Couture has played this series.
Thornton, to his credit, wrote off Bieksa’s comments as being “just talk” and cited their dire position in the series as his reason for sounding off. The Sharks, meanwhile, are looking for their first sweep in franchise history and can finish off the Canucks tomorrow night.
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 35
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 44
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 52
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)