May 6, 2013, 9:36 PM EST
Vancouver’s Kevin Bieksa sure found a good way to distract from his team being down 3-0 to the San Jose Sharks.
David Pollak of the San Jose Mercury News got the other side of the story from Couture and he kept it pretty simple.
“Really?” was his first reaction. Then he continued. “There’s really not much to say. I’m not going to go to the media and do any talking. I’ll do my talking on the ice.”
Now there’s some swagger. Why not just toss in a, “Dude, scoreboard” while you’re at it. It’s earned at this point given how Couture has played this series.
Thornton, to his credit, wrote off Bieksa’s comments as being “just talk” and cited their dire position in the series as his reason for sounding off. The Sharks, meanwhile, are looking for their first sweep in franchise history and can finish off the Canucks tomorrow night.
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 4
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 5
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 24
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16