May 6, 2013, 9:36 PM EDT
Vancouver’s Kevin Bieksa sure found a good way to distract from his team being down 3-0 to the San Jose Sharks.
David Pollak of the San Jose Mercury News got the other side of the story from Couture and he kept it pretty simple.
“Really?” was his first reaction. Then he continued. “There’s really not much to say. I’m not going to go to the media and do any talking. I’ll do my talking on the ice.”
Now there’s some swagger. Why not just toss in a, “Dude, scoreboard” while you’re at it. It’s earned at this point given how Couture has played this series.
Thornton, to his credit, wrote off Bieksa’s comments as being “just talk” and cited their dire position in the series as his reason for sounding off. The Sharks, meanwhile, are looking for their first sweep in franchise history and can finish off the Canucks tomorrow night.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 17
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)