May 6, 2013, 9:36 PM EDT
Vancouver’s Kevin Bieksa sure found a good way to distract from his team being down 3-0 to the San Jose Sharks.
David Pollak of the San Jose Mercury News got the other side of the story from Couture and he kept it pretty simple.
“Really?” was his first reaction. Then he continued. “There’s really not much to say. I’m not going to go to the media and do any talking. I’ll do my talking on the ice.”
Now there’s some swagger. Why not just toss in a, “Dude, scoreboard” while you’re at it. It’s earned at this point given how Couture has played this series.
Thornton, to his credit, wrote off Bieksa’s comments as being “just talk” and cited their dire position in the series as his reason for sounding off. The Sharks, meanwhile, are looking for their first sweep in franchise history and can finish off the Canucks tomorrow night.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 2
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 102
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (102)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)