May 6, 2013, 11:34 AM EDT
Though it’s not guaranteed, forward Ryane Clowe is expected to make his playoff debut for the Rangers tonight, according to Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News.
Clowe said this morning he’ll be a game-time decision. The 30-year-old had three goals and five assists in 12 games after being traded from San Jose to New York prior to the deadline.
He’s also a proven playoff performer — something the Rangers could use after losing Games 1 and 2 to the Capitals in Washington.
It’s believed Clowe was dealing with a concussion. If he plays, Arron Asham will reportedly be the one to come out of the lineup.
No way to tell if Marc Staal is going to play. It's more of a mental thing than anything else. He has to feel comfortable and confident.—
Dan Rosen (@drosennhl) May 06, 2013
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 10
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 64
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1