May 6, 2013, 11:34 AM EDT
Though it’s not guaranteed, forward Ryane Clowe is expected to make his playoff debut for the Rangers tonight, according to Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News.
Clowe said this morning he’ll be a game-time decision. The 30-year-old had three goals and five assists in 12 games after being traded from San Jose to New York prior to the deadline.
He’s also a proven playoff performer — something the Rangers could use after losing Games 1 and 2 to the Capitals in Washington.
It’s believed Clowe was dealing with a concussion. If he plays, Arron Asham will reportedly be the one to come out of the lineup.
No way to tell if Marc Staal is going to play. It's more of a mental thing than anything else. He has to feel comfortable and confident.—
Dan Rosen (@drosennhl) May 06, 2013
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40