May 6, 2013, 11:34 AM EST
Though it’s not guaranteed, forward Ryane Clowe is expected to make his playoff debut for the Rangers tonight, according to Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News.
Clowe said this morning he’ll be a game-time decision. The 30-year-old had three goals and five assists in 12 games after being traded from San Jose to New York prior to the deadline.
He’s also a proven playoff performer — something the Rangers could use after losing Games 1 and 2 to the Capitals in Washington.
It’s believed Clowe was dealing with a concussion. If he plays, Arron Asham will reportedly be the one to come out of the lineup.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 2
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 33
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 45
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15