May 6, 2013, 6:26 PM EDT
Something the St. Louis Blues have been lacking in the playoffs are goals. For Game 4 they’re going to be adding a player who can bring them just that.
Coach Ken Hitchcock is replacing Adam Cracknell with Russian phenom Vladimir Tarasenko. As Hitchcock tells Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, he thinks he deserves the shot to show he’s past the concussion that slowed down his season.
“Until the (concussion), he was a good player. He came back a little tentative from the injury,” Hitchcock said. “I think when you have a player who contributes like he does and is strong on the puck, determined as he is, and as big as he is, he is an asset that we can use.”
With four goals in three games and a 2-1 series lead, things could get dicey for the Blues if they can’t pot more goals. Tarasenko can do just that. He had eight goals in 38 games this season but only two of those after missing 10 games from his concussion. On the upside, both goals came against the Kings.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)