May 6, 2013, 6:26 PM EST
Something the St. Louis Blues have been lacking in the playoffs are goals. For Game 4 they’re going to be adding a player who can bring them just that.
Coach Ken Hitchcock is replacing Adam Cracknell with Russian phenom Vladimir Tarasenko. As Hitchcock tells Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, he thinks he deserves the shot to show he’s past the concussion that slowed down his season.
“Until the (concussion), he was a good player. He came back a little tentative from the injury,” Hitchcock said. “I think when you have a player who contributes like he does and is strong on the puck, determined as he is, and as big as he is, he is an asset that we can use.”
With four goals in three games and a 2-1 series lead, things could get dicey for the Blues if they can’t pot more goals. Tarasenko can do just that. He had eight goals in 38 games this season but only two of those after missing 10 games from his concussion. On the upside, both goals came against the Kings.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 5
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 75
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 13
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)