May 6, 2013, 6:08 PM EDT
While there’s no guarantee we’ll see him tonight, the bet is that Staal — who’s been sidelined since March 5 when he was struck in the eye with a puck during a game against the Philadelphia Flyers — will be in the lineup at Madison Square Garden for Game 3 of the Rangers’ series with the Capitals.
Washington leads the series, 2-0.
If Staal does play, how many minutes he’s able to log will be worth watching. During the regular season, he averaged 24:27 per game, second to Dan Girardi‘s 25:25.
Related: Ryane Clowe expected to play
- WATCH LIVE: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 23
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 36
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 111
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79