May 6, 2013, 6:08 PM EDT
While there’s no guarantee we’ll see him tonight, the bet is that Staal — who’s been sidelined since March 5 when he was struck in the eye with a puck during a game against the Philadelphia Flyers — will be in the lineup at Madison Square Garden for Game 3 of the Rangers’ series with the Capitals.
Washington leads the series, 2-0.
If Staal does play, how many minutes he’s able to log will be worth watching. During the regular season, he averaged 24:27 per game, second to Dan Girardi‘s 25:25.
Related: Ryane Clowe expected to play
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 2
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 7
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 29
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)