May 6, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
As if the Montreal-Ottawa series needed any more fuel to add to the fire, it sounds as if rookie defenseman Eric Gryba — the same Eric Gryba who was suspended two games for putting Montreal’s Lars Eller in the hospital with an open-ice hit on Thursday — will draw back into the lineup for Tuesday’s Game 4.
Will the Canadiens seek their revenge and go after Gryba? Sens coach Paul MacLean — another prominent figure in this series — says he “will be interested to see,” per the Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs.
In a related story, online bookmaker Bovada has posted odds on a fight occurring within the first two minutes of Game 4. “No” is the 1/5 favorite, while “Yes” is at 3/1.
Chances are, once the puck drops, the Habs will be focused on winning the game, not settling scores. They’re down 2-1 in the series and would love to go back to Montreal having regained home-ice advantage.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 9
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)