May 6, 2013, 2:20 PM EST
As if the Montreal-Ottawa series needed any more fuel to add to the fire, it sounds as if rookie defenseman Eric Gryba — the same Eric Gryba who was suspended two games for putting Montreal’s Lars Eller in the hospital with an open-ice hit on Thursday — will draw back into the lineup for Tuesday’s Game 4.
Will the Canadiens seek their revenge and go after Gryba? Sens coach Paul MacLean — another prominent figure in this series — says he “will be interested to see,” per the Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs.
In a related story, online bookmaker Bovada has posted odds on a fight occurring within the first two minutes of Game 4. “No” is the 1/5 favorite, while “Yes” is at 3/1.
Chances are, once the puck drops, the Habs will be focused on winning the game, not settling scores. They’re down 2-1 in the series and would love to go back to Montreal having regained home-ice advantage.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 35
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)