May 5, 2013, 1:24 AM EDT
There are 10 skaters, including Voynov, a defenseman, between the hash marks and the goal line. Talk about going to the net.
The Voynov goal at 4:56 of the second period turned out to be the one of the night, as the Kings held on for a 1-0 shutout victory over the Blues in Game 3 of the Western Conference quarter-final.
The Kings still trail the Blues 2-1 in the best-of-seven series.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5