May 5, 2013, 1:24 AM EST
There are 10 skaters, including Voynov, a defenseman, between the hash marks and the goal line. Talk about going to the net.
The Voynov goal at 4:56 of the second period turned out to be the one of the night, as the Kings held on for a 1-0 shutout victory over the Blues in Game 3 of the Western Conference quarter-final.
The Kings still trail the Blues 2-1 in the best-of-seven series.
- Engelland suspended five games for ‘reckless’ Abdelkader headshot 23
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: So many bad contracts, coaches on the hot seat, the NHL in Vegas? and more! 20
- Caps’ Wilson to have hearing for Schenn hit 29
- Is the NHL getting closer to putting a team in Vegas? 30
- Martin Jones gets another shutout, remains undefeated 32
- Video: Tom Wilson gets tossed for charging Brayden Schenn 58
- Video: Kyle Quincey ejected for boarding Ryan Getzlaf 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Third time’s the charm for Flyers vs Capitals? 8
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head 71
- Potter suspended two games for boarding Bonino 3
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Bylsma: Neal needs to learn from Marchand hit (114)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (101)