May 5, 2013, 1:24 AM EDT
There are 10 skaters, including Voynov, a defenseman, between the hash marks and the goal line. Talk about going to the net.
The Voynov goal at 4:56 of the second period turned out to be the one of the night, as the Kings held on for a 1-0 shutout victory over the Blues in Game 3 of the Western Conference quarter-final.
The Kings still trail the Blues 2-1 in the best-of-seven series.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 22
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 12
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54