May 5, 2013, 9:54 PM EDT
Even before Sunday’s Game 3, many would argue that the Montreal Canadiens and Ottawa Senators earned the early mark for “most intense first-round series.” Things really boiled over once it became clear that the Senators had full control of tonight’s game, however, as you can see from this over-the-top brawl:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Want more? That’s awfully bloodthirsty of you:
Here’s an NHL.com box score screen cap that captures a ridiculous third period full of penalties (click to zoom in):
… And there have been more skirmishes since then. Yikes.
Update: the two teams combined for 236 PIM.
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 4
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 46
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 26
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 11
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)