May 5, 2013, 9:54 PM EST
Even before Sunday’s Game 3, many would argue that the Montreal Canadiens and Ottawa Senators earned the early mark for “most intense first-round series.” Things really boiled over once it became clear that the Senators had full control of tonight’s game, however, as you can see from this over-the-top brawl:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Want more? That’s awfully bloodthirsty of you:
Here’s an NHL.com box score screen cap that captures a ridiculous third period full of penalties (click to zoom in):
… And there have been more skirmishes since then. Yikes.
Update: the two teams combined for 236 PIM.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 36
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 24
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 42
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 84
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)