May 5, 2013, 9:54 PM EDT
Even before Sunday’s Game 3, many would argue that the Montreal Canadiens and Ottawa Senators earned the early mark for “most intense first-round series.” Things really boiled over once it became clear that the Senators had full control of tonight’s game, however, as you can see from this over-the-top brawl:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Want more? That’s awfully bloodthirsty of you:
Here’s an NHL.com box score screen cap that captures a ridiculous third period full of penalties (click to zoom in):
… And there have been more skirmishes since then. Yikes.
Update: the two teams combined for 236 PIM.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5