May 5, 2013, 9:54 PM EST
Even before Sunday’s Game 3, many would argue that the Montreal Canadiens and Ottawa Senators earned the early mark for “most intense first-round series.” Things really boiled over once it became clear that the Senators had full control of tonight’s game, however, as you can see from this over-the-top brawl:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Want more? That’s awfully bloodthirsty of you:
Here’s an NHL.com box score screen cap that captures a ridiculous third period full of penalties (click to zoom in):
… And there have been more skirmishes since then. Yikes.
Update: the two teams combined for 236 PIM.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (74)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)