May 5, 2013, 9:54 PM EDT
Even before Sunday’s Game 3, many would argue that the Montreal Canadiens and Ottawa Senators earned the early mark for “most intense first-round series.” Things really boiled over once it became clear that the Senators had full control of tonight’s game, however, as you can see from this over-the-top brawl:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Want more? That’s awfully bloodthirsty of you:
Here’s an NHL.com box score screen cap that captures a ridiculous third period full of penalties (click to zoom in):
… And there have been more skirmishes since then. Yikes.
Update: the two teams combined for 236 PIM.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 11
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 21
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 29
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 41
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 67
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 91
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 27
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (152)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (110)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)