May 5, 2013, 1:49 AM EDT
It could’ve been a turning point in Saturday’s game between the St. Louis Blues and L.A. Kings.
The collision knocked Quick’s goalie mask off his head and to the ice. Doughty pushed Perron into the net and landed about three quick jabs while his opponent was on the ice. Both Perron and Doughty received penalties on the play, however Doughty was given an extra roughing minor, which gave the Blues the power play.
The Blues failed to score with the man advantage, and eventually lost Game 3 of the series by a 1-0 score.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The feud between Perron and Quick has been ongoing throughout this series. Clearly, the game plan is to try and get last year’s Conn Smythe Trophy winner off his game.
“He’s one of their best players,” Perron told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
“Last year, he’s probably the one that made the biggest difference to get us out (of the playoffs). Just trying to get to him. Just got to do anything I can to get into his head. If I’m skating by every time and he yells at me, it means I’ve got to keep doing it.”
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 9
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 11
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 68
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 7
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 49
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)