May 5, 2013, 1:49 AM EST
It could’ve been a turning point in Saturday’s game between the St. Louis Blues and L.A. Kings.
The collision knocked Quick’s goalie mask off his head and to the ice. Doughty pushed Perron into the net and landed about three quick jabs while his opponent was on the ice. Both Perron and Doughty received penalties on the play, however Doughty was given an extra roughing minor, which gave the Blues the power play.
The Blues failed to score with the man advantage, and eventually lost Game 3 of the series by a 1-0 score.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The feud between Perron and Quick has been ongoing throughout this series. Clearly, the game plan is to try and get last year’s Conn Smythe Trophy winner off his game.
“He’s one of their best players,” Perron told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
“Last year, he’s probably the one that made the biggest difference to get us out (of the playoffs). Just trying to get to him. Just got to do anything I can to get into his head. If I’m skating by every time and he yells at me, it means I’ve got to keep doing it.”
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory (53)