May 5, 2013, 1:49 AM EDT
It could’ve been a turning point in Saturday’s game between the St. Louis Blues and L.A. Kings.
The collision knocked Quick’s goalie mask off his head and to the ice. Doughty pushed Perron into the net and landed about three quick jabs while his opponent was on the ice. Both Perron and Doughty received penalties on the play, however Doughty was given an extra roughing minor, which gave the Blues the power play.
The Blues failed to score with the man advantage, and eventually lost Game 3 of the series by a 1-0 score.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The feud between Perron and Quick has been ongoing throughout this series. Clearly, the game plan is to try and get last year’s Conn Smythe Trophy winner off his game.
“He’s one of their best players,” Perron told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
“Last year, he’s probably the one that made the biggest difference to get us out (of the playoffs). Just trying to get to him. Just got to do anything I can to get into his head. If I’m skating by every time and he yells at me, it means I’ve got to keep doing it.”
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2