May 5, 2013, 1:49 AM EDT
It could’ve been a turning point in Saturday’s game between the St. Louis Blues and L.A. Kings.
The collision knocked Quick’s goalie mask off his head and to the ice. Doughty pushed Perron into the net and landed about three quick jabs while his opponent was on the ice. Both Perron and Doughty received penalties on the play, however Doughty was given an extra roughing minor, which gave the Blues the power play.
The Blues failed to score with the man advantage, and eventually lost Game 3 of the series by a 1-0 score.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The feud between Perron and Quick has been ongoing throughout this series. Clearly, the game plan is to try and get last year’s Conn Smythe Trophy winner off his game.
“He’s one of their best players,” Perron told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
“Last year, he’s probably the one that made the biggest difference to get us out (of the playoffs). Just trying to get to him. Just got to do anything I can to get into his head. If I’m skating by every time and he yells at me, it means I’ve got to keep doing it.”
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 0
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 9
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 36
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 55
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)