May 5, 2013, 1:49 AM EDT
It could’ve been a turning point in Saturday’s game between the St. Louis Blues and L.A. Kings.
The collision knocked Quick’s goalie mask off his head and to the ice. Doughty pushed Perron into the net and landed about three quick jabs while his opponent was on the ice. Both Perron and Doughty received penalties on the play, however Doughty was given an extra roughing minor, which gave the Blues the power play.
The Blues failed to score with the man advantage, and eventually lost Game 3 of the series by a 1-0 score.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The feud between Perron and Quick has been ongoing throughout this series. Clearly, the game plan is to try and get last year’s Conn Smythe Trophy winner off his game.
“He’s one of their best players,” Perron told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
“Last year, he’s probably the one that made the biggest difference to get us out (of the playoffs). Just trying to get to him. Just got to do anything I can to get into his head. If I’m skating by every time and he yells at me, it means I’ve got to keep doing it.”
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)