May 5, 2013, 10:29 PM EST
With all the outrageous and violent things that happened in the third period of Game 3 between Montreal and Ottawa, it’s hard to find anyone with moral high ground. There was one moment that really sticks in Habs head coach Michel Therrien’s craw, though.
Even with a 6-1 lead, Paul MacLean called a timeout very late in the game:
There are conceivable excuses for such an action, even if they stretch the boundaries of logic. Therrien didn’t give MacLean the benefit of the doubt, however, when asked by the Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs.
“As far as I’m concerned, it was classless,” Therrien said.
The real question, then: is that more or less offensive than calling him a “fat, bug-eyed walrus?”
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 155
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 123
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (155)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (128)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)