May 5, 2013, 10:29 PM EDT
With all the outrageous and violent things that happened in the third period of Game 3 between Montreal and Ottawa, it’s hard to find anyone with moral high ground. There was one moment that really sticks in Habs head coach Michel Therrien’s craw, though.
Even with a 6-1 lead, Paul MacLean called a timeout very late in the game:
There are conceivable excuses for such an action, even if they stretch the boundaries of logic. Therrien didn’t give MacLean the benefit of the doubt, however, when asked by the Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs.
“As far as I’m concerned, it was classless,” Therrien said.
The real question, then: is that more or less offensive than calling him a “fat, bug-eyed walrus?”
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54