May 5, 2013, 10:29 PM EDT
With all the outrageous and violent things that happened in the third period of Game 3 between Montreal and Ottawa, it’s hard to find anyone with moral high ground. There was one moment that really sticks in Habs head coach Michel Therrien’s craw, though.
Even with a 6-1 lead, Paul MacLean called a timeout very late in the game:
There are conceivable excuses for such an action, even if they stretch the boundaries of logic. Therrien didn’t give MacLean the benefit of the doubt, however, when asked by the Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs.
“As far as I’m concerned, it was classless,” Therrien said.
The real question, then: is that more or less offensive than calling him a “fat, bug-eyed walrus?”
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 0
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 38
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)