May 5, 2013, 10:29 PM EDT
With all the outrageous and violent things that happened in the third period of Game 3 between Montreal and Ottawa, it’s hard to find anyone with moral high ground. There was one moment that really sticks in Habs head coach Michel Therrien’s craw, though.
Even with a 6-1 lead, Paul MacLean called a timeout very late in the game:
There are conceivable excuses for such an action, even if they stretch the boundaries of logic. Therrien didn’t give MacLean the benefit of the doubt, however, when asked by the Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs.
“As far as I’m concerned, it was classless,” Therrien said.
The real question, then: is that more or less offensive than calling him a “fat, bug-eyed walrus?”
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 23
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 38
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 64
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 59
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (64)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)