May 5, 2013, 10:29 PM EDT
With all the outrageous and violent things that happened in the third period of Game 3 between Montreal and Ottawa, it’s hard to find anyone with moral high ground. There was one moment that really sticks in Habs head coach Michel Therrien’s craw, though.
Even with a 6-1 lead, Paul MacLean called a timeout very late in the game:
There are conceivable excuses for such an action, even if they stretch the boundaries of logic. Therrien didn’t give MacLean the benefit of the doubt, however, when asked by the Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs.
“As far as I’m concerned, it was classless,” Therrien said.
The real question, then: is that more or less offensive than calling him a “fat, bug-eyed walrus?”
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 42
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 63
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (63)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)