May 5, 2013, 8:28 PM EST
The Minnesota Wild needed to win Game 3 far more than the Chicago Blackhawks did. Plenty of Blackhawks admitted as much in the post-game comments on Sunday.
It seemed like the urgency level was palpable today, yet Wild head coach Mike Yeo told the Chicago Sun-Times’ Mark Lazerus that desperation should be a prerequisite.
“When you put on a Minnesota Wild jersey, it should be a staple of your game,” Yeo said. “That’s what winners bring.”
One guy who voiced his drive was Devin Setoguchi. The Minneapolis Star-Tribune’s Michael Russo passes along the passionate remark the 26-year-old made during the overtime intermission:
“We’re not leaving the ice without a win,” Setoguchi said.
Russo points out that a well-timed line change by Setoguchi allowed the game-winning goal’s odd-man rush develop, so he didn’t just utter some bold words.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 18
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 36
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)