May 5, 2013, 8:28 PM EST
The Minnesota Wild needed to win Game 3 far more than the Chicago Blackhawks did. Plenty of Blackhawks admitted as much in the post-game comments on Sunday.
It seemed like the urgency level was palpable today, yet Wild head coach Mike Yeo told the Chicago Sun-Times’ Mark Lazerus that desperation should be a prerequisite.
“When you put on a Minnesota Wild jersey, it should be a staple of your game,” Yeo said. “That’s what winners bring.”
One guy who voiced his drive was Devin Setoguchi. The Minneapolis Star-Tribune’s Michael Russo passes along the passionate remark the 26-year-old made during the overtime intermission:
“We’re not leaving the ice without a win,” Setoguchi said.
Russo points out that a well-timed line change by Setoguchi allowed the game-winning goal’s odd-man rush develop, so he didn’t just utter some bold words.
- Video: Ovechkin becomes sixth fastest player to 400 goals in Caps win 3
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 14
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 31
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 5
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ 69
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 64
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 32
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 7
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 21
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 54
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)