May 5, 2013, 8:28 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild needed to win Game 3 far more than the Chicago Blackhawks did. Plenty of Blackhawks admitted as much in the post-game comments on Sunday.
It seemed like the urgency level was palpable today, yet Wild head coach Mike Yeo told the Chicago Sun-Times’ Mark Lazerus that desperation should be a prerequisite.
“When you put on a Minnesota Wild jersey, it should be a staple of your game,” Yeo said. “That’s what winners bring.”
One guy who voiced his drive was Devin Setoguchi. The Minneapolis Star-Tribune’s Michael Russo passes along the passionate remark the 26-year-old made during the overtime intermission:
“We’re not leaving the ice without a win,” Setoguchi said.
Russo points out that a well-timed line change by Setoguchi allowed the game-winning goal’s odd-man rush develop, so he didn’t just utter some bold words.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)