May 5, 2013, 8:28 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild needed to win Game 3 far more than the Chicago Blackhawks did. Plenty of Blackhawks admitted as much in the post-game comments on Sunday.
It seemed like the urgency level was palpable today, yet Wild head coach Mike Yeo told the Chicago Sun-Times’ Mark Lazerus that desperation should be a prerequisite.
“When you put on a Minnesota Wild jersey, it should be a staple of your game,” Yeo said. “That’s what winners bring.”
One guy who voiced his drive was Devin Setoguchi. The Minneapolis Star-Tribune’s Michael Russo passes along the passionate remark the 26-year-old made during the overtime intermission:
“We’re not leaving the ice without a win,” Setoguchi said.
Russo points out that a well-timed line change by Setoguchi allowed the game-winning goal’s odd-man rush develop, so he didn’t just utter some bold words.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)