May 5, 2013, 7:10 PM EDT
After two rugged games in consecutive nights in Montreal, the Canadiens and Ottawa Senators have made some lineup tweaks for Game 3.
The biggest news is that Habs forwards Max Pacioretty and Brian Gionta will indeed play on Sunday, according to ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun. Both missed Game 2 with injuries that are obviously minor enough to fight through tonight.
On the Ottawa side, some small tweaks were made. Cory Conacher takes Guillaume Latendresse‘s place in the forward group while Patrick Wiercioch boots out Andre Benoit on defense (also according to LeBrun).
Montreal won nicely in Game 2 and dominated despite losing Game 1, so one would think that they might take it to Ottawa. Still, the Senators have been scrappy and the series switches to their home ice.
The game kicks off on NBC Sports Network starting at 7 p.m. ET.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 22
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17