May 5, 2013, 7:10 PM EDT
After two rugged games in consecutive nights in Montreal, the Canadiens and Ottawa Senators have made some lineup tweaks for Game 3.
The biggest news is that Habs forwards Max Pacioretty and Brian Gionta will indeed play on Sunday, according to ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun. Both missed Game 2 with injuries that are obviously minor enough to fight through tonight.
On the Ottawa side, some small tweaks were made. Cory Conacher takes Guillaume Latendresse‘s place in the forward group while Patrick Wiercioch boots out Andre Benoit on defense (also according to LeBrun).
Montreal won nicely in Game 2 and dominated despite losing Game 1, so one would think that they might take it to Ottawa. Still, the Senators have been scrappy and the series switches to their home ice.
The game kicks off on NBC Sports Network starting at 7 p.m. ET.
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession 17
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 12
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 6
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38