May 5, 2013, 7:10 PM EDT
After two rugged games in consecutive nights in Montreal, the Canadiens and Ottawa Senators have made some lineup tweaks for Game 3.
The biggest news is that Habs forwards Max Pacioretty and Brian Gionta will indeed play on Sunday, according to ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun. Both missed Game 2 with injuries that are obviously minor enough to fight through tonight.
On the Ottawa side, some small tweaks were made. Cory Conacher takes Guillaume Latendresse‘s place in the forward group while Patrick Wiercioch boots out Andre Benoit on defense (also according to LeBrun).
Montreal won nicely in Game 2 and dominated despite losing Game 1, so one would think that they might take it to Ottawa. Still, the Senators have been scrappy and the series switches to their home ice.
The game kicks off on NBC Sports Network starting at 7 p.m. ET.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 0
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 11
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)