May 5, 2013, 7:10 PM EDT
After two rugged games in consecutive nights in Montreal, the Canadiens and Ottawa Senators have made some lineup tweaks for Game 3.
The biggest news is that Habs forwards Max Pacioretty and Brian Gionta will indeed play on Sunday, according to ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun. Both missed Game 2 with injuries that are obviously minor enough to fight through tonight.
On the Ottawa side, some small tweaks were made. Cory Conacher takes Guillaume Latendresse‘s place in the forward group while Patrick Wiercioch boots out Andre Benoit on defense (also according to LeBrun).
Montreal won nicely in Game 2 and dominated despite losing Game 1, so one would think that they might take it to Ottawa. Still, the Senators have been scrappy and the series switches to their home ice.
The game kicks off on NBC Sports Network starting at 7 p.m. ET.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)