May 5, 2013, 7:10 PM EST
After two rugged games in consecutive nights in Montreal, the Canadiens and Ottawa Senators have made some lineup tweaks for Game 3.
The biggest news is that Habs forwards Max Pacioretty and Brian Gionta will indeed play on Sunday, according to ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun. Both missed Game 2 with injuries that are obviously minor enough to fight through tonight.
On the Ottawa side, some small tweaks were made. Cory Conacher takes Guillaume Latendresse‘s place in the forward group while Patrick Wiercioch boots out Andre Benoit on defense (also according to LeBrun).
Montreal won nicely in Game 2 and dominated despite losing Game 1, so one would think that they might take it to Ottawa. Still, the Senators have been scrappy and the series switches to their home ice.
The game kicks off on NBC Sports Network starting at 7 p.m. ET.
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 9
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 23
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 8
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)