May 5, 2013, 5:27 PM EDT
“It was nice to see him,” Canadiens coach Michel Therrien said.
“He looks good,” Therrien stopped mid-word and repeated that. After some brief laughter he added, “He did look better before, but it was just nice to see him. You could tell our guys care about him and he’s such a good kid.”
Eller needed to be placed on a stretcher after he fell face-first on the ice. He has been diagnosed with a concussion and facial fractures.
With the series tied, Game 3 will start at 7:00 p.m. ET and will be on NBCSN.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (63)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)