May 5, 2013, 5:27 PM EDT
“It was nice to see him,” Canadiens coach Michel Therrien said.
“He looks good,” Therrien stopped mid-word and repeated that. After some brief laughter he added, “He did look better before, but it was just nice to see him. You could tell our guys care about him and he’s such a good kid.”
Eller needed to be placed on a stretcher after he fell face-first on the ice. He has been diagnosed with a concussion and facial fractures.
With the series tied, Game 3 will start at 7:00 p.m. ET and will be on NBCSN.
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 11
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 20
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 31
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 41
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)