May 5, 2013, 5:27 PM EDT
“It was nice to see him,” Canadiens coach Michel Therrien said.
“He looks good,” Therrien stopped mid-word and repeated that. After some brief laughter he added, “He did look better before, but it was just nice to see him. You could tell our guys care about him and he’s such a good kid.”
Eller needed to be placed on a stretcher after he fell face-first on the ice. He has been diagnosed with a concussion and facial fractures.
With the series tied, Game 3 will start at 7:00 p.m. ET and will be on NBCSN.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5