May 5, 2013, 9:58 PM EDT
Game 3 between the Montreal Canadiens and Ottawa Senators series lived up to expectations by being a heated, physical affair. It didn’t really remain competitive to the end on Sunday, though, as the Habs unraveled and the Sens bombarded them to win 6-1 and take a 2-1 series lead.
Let’s get to the talking points.
- The biggest winner of this series so far: area dentists. PG Pageau accomplished the rare feat of scoring a goal, losing a tooth and drawing a penalty. Should we call it a Pageau trick? (Note: He ended up with a standard hat trick, too, if you’re the picky type.)
- Should any suspensions result from that ridiculous wave of fights and violent moments. If so, who should sit? Is it a situation where the league has little choice but to wash its hands of it all (or maybe just fine a coach)?
- It’s tough to place too much blame on Carey Price when everything basically unraveled, but how worried should the Habs be about their franchise goalie? He’s struggled mightily at times in the last few weeks.
- Is Tuesday’s contest in Ottawa a “must-win” for Montreal? What kind of adjustments should Michel Therrien make after a strange start to this first-round skirmish?
- Did P.K. Subban go “over the line” when he threw punches at Kyle Turris while the Senators forward was already on the ice?
- What’s the No. 1 reason why the Senators are so successful?
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 16
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 22
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 33
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)