May 5, 2013, 9:58 PM EDT
Game 3 between the Montreal Canadiens and Ottawa Senators series lived up to expectations by being a heated, physical affair. It didn’t really remain competitive to the end on Sunday, though, as the Habs unraveled and the Sens bombarded them to win 6-1 and take a 2-1 series lead.
Let’s get to the talking points.
- The biggest winner of this series so far: area dentists. PG Pageau accomplished the rare feat of scoring a goal, losing a tooth and drawing a penalty. Should we call it a Pageau trick? (Note: He ended up with a standard hat trick, too, if you’re the picky type.)
- Should any suspensions result from that ridiculous wave of fights and violent moments. If so, who should sit? Is it a situation where the league has little choice but to wash its hands of it all (or maybe just fine a coach)?
- It’s tough to place too much blame on Carey Price when everything basically unraveled, but how worried should the Habs be about their franchise goalie? He’s struggled mightily at times in the last few weeks.
- Is Tuesday’s contest in Ottawa a “must-win” for Montreal? What kind of adjustments should Michel Therrien make after a strange start to this first-round skirmish?
- Did P.K. Subban go “over the line” when he threw punches at Kyle Turris while the Senators forward was already on the ice?
- What’s the No. 1 reason why the Senators are so successful?
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 0
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 10
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 64
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 7
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 48
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)