May 5, 2013, 9:58 PM EST
Game 3 between the Montreal Canadiens and Ottawa Senators series lived up to expectations by being a heated, physical affair. It didn’t really remain competitive to the end on Sunday, though, as the Habs unraveled and the Sens bombarded them to win 6-1 and take a 2-1 series lead.
Let’s get to the talking points.
- The biggest winner of this series so far: area dentists. PG Pageau accomplished the rare feat of scoring a goal, losing a tooth and drawing a penalty. Should we call it a Pageau trick? (Note: He ended up with a standard hat trick, too, if you’re the picky type.)
- Should any suspensions result from that ridiculous wave of fights and violent moments. If so, who should sit? Is it a situation where the league has little choice but to wash its hands of it all (or maybe just fine a coach)?
- It’s tough to place too much blame on Carey Price when everything basically unraveled, but how worried should the Habs be about their franchise goalie? He’s struggled mightily at times in the last few weeks.
- Is Tuesday’s contest in Ottawa a “must-win” for Montreal? What kind of adjustments should Michel Therrien make after a strange start to this first-round skirmish?
- Did P.K. Subban go “over the line” when he threw punches at Kyle Turris while the Senators forward was already on the ice?
- What’s the No. 1 reason why the Senators are so successful?
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 9
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 9
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 24
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 77
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)