May 5, 2013, 9:58 PM EST
Game 3 between the Montreal Canadiens and Ottawa Senators series lived up to expectations by being a heated, physical affair. It didn’t really remain competitive to the end on Sunday, though, as the Habs unraveled and the Sens bombarded them to win 6-1 and take a 2-1 series lead.
Let’s get to the talking points.
- The biggest winner of this series so far: area dentists. PG Pageau accomplished the rare feat of scoring a goal, losing a tooth and drawing a penalty. Should we call it a Pageau trick? (Note: He ended up with a standard hat trick, too, if you’re the picky type.)
- Should any suspensions result from that ridiculous wave of fights and violent moments. If so, who should sit? Is it a situation where the league has little choice but to wash its hands of it all (or maybe just fine a coach)?
- It’s tough to place too much blame on Carey Price when everything basically unraveled, but how worried should the Habs be about their franchise goalie? He’s struggled mightily at times in the last few weeks.
- Is Tuesday’s contest in Ottawa a “must-win” for Montreal? What kind of adjustments should Michel Therrien make after a strange start to this first-round skirmish?
- Did P.K. Subban go “over the line” when he threw punches at Kyle Turris while the Senators forward was already on the ice?
- What’s the No. 1 reason why the Senators are so successful?
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 16
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 62
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 41
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (124)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)