May 5, 2013, 9:58 PM EDT
Game 3 between the Montreal Canadiens and Ottawa Senators series lived up to expectations by being a heated, physical affair. It didn’t really remain competitive to the end on Sunday, though, as the Habs unraveled and the Sens bombarded them to win 6-1 and take a 2-1 series lead.
Let’s get to the talking points.
- The biggest winner of this series so far: area dentists. PG Pageau accomplished the rare feat of scoring a goal, losing a tooth and drawing a penalty. Should we call it a Pageau trick? (Note: He ended up with a standard hat trick, too, if you’re the picky type.)
- Should any suspensions result from that ridiculous wave of fights and violent moments. If so, who should sit? Is it a situation where the league has little choice but to wash its hands of it all (or maybe just fine a coach)?
- It’s tough to place too much blame on Carey Price when everything basically unraveled, but how worried should the Habs be about their franchise goalie? He’s struggled mightily at times in the last few weeks.
- Is Tuesday’s contest in Ottawa a “must-win” for Montreal? What kind of adjustments should Michel Therrien make after a strange start to this first-round skirmish?
- Did P.K. Subban go “over the line” when he threw punches at Kyle Turris while the Senators forward was already on the ice?
- What’s the No. 1 reason why the Senators are so successful?
- Letang banged up by Doan hit 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 1
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 8
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)