May 5, 2013, 12:58 AM EDT
The L.A. Kings, on home ice, were able to hold on for a 1-0 shutout victory over the St. Louis Blues in Game 3 of the best-of-seven Western Conference quarter-final.
The Blues still lead the series 2-1, but, with the chance to put the defending Stanley Cup champs on the brink of a first-round elimination, couldn’t solve Kings goalie Jonathan Quick.
Some early talking points from this one.
- Jonathan Quick was hard on himself for the two L.A. losses in St. Louis. But he was perfect in Game 3, stopping all 30 shots he faced.
- Another low scoring game between these two teams. The Blues and Kings have combined for just seven goals in three games. Still been entertaining hockey, though. Great goaltending and physical play have dominated this series, and what is wrong with that?
- Slava Voynov scored the lone goal of the night at 4:56 of the second period after a wild goal-mouth scramble in front of Blues’ goalie Brian Elliott.
- The Blues were awarded a power play early in the third period when L.A. defenseman Drew Doughty reacted to David Perron knocking over Quick, who had his goalie mask knocked off in the melee. Doughty shoved Perron into the net and threw about three or four jabs with his opponent on the ice. Both players received penalties, but Doughty was called for the extra roughing minor, giving the Blues a man advantage.
- Probably going to be some sore bodies after this one. The Blues and Kings combined for 92 registered hits.
Aug 1, 2015, 9:45 AM EDT
He signed a two-year, bridge contract worth $5.6 million on Thursday.
Jul 31, 2015, 10:22 PM EDT
He’s also a veteran of 616 career games.
Jul 31, 2015, 9:01 PM EDT
That’s close to the middle between his and Washington’s requests.
Jul 31, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
The decision surprised Arizona’s general manager.
Jul 31, 2015, 7:01 PM EDT
The defenseman spent the 2014-15 campaign in the Swiss League.
Jul 31, 2015, 5:36 PM EDT
He considers himself a “young 29.”
Jul 31, 2015, 4:11 PM EDT
Ray Shero’s restructure continues.
Jul 31, 2015, 2:46 PM EDT
There is a key deadline approaching though.
Jul 31, 2015, 1:16 PM EDT
Johnson won a gold medal in 1988, but it was taken away because of a positive steroids test.
Jul 31, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
There’s a $500 million expansion fee to consider.
Jul 31, 2015, 10:24 AM EDT
This will be a key season for him.
Jul 31, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Because once Voracek’s eight-year contract kicks in, they’ll be part of that list.
Jul 31, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Friday’s collection of links.
Jul 30, 2015, 10:27 PM EDT
Former NHL stars are among the list of likely candidates.
Jul 30, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Has Buffalo set itself up for an era of long playoff runs?
Jul 30, 2015, 7:52 PM EDT
The deal is reportedly worth $5.6 million.
Jul 30, 2015, 7:11 PM EDT
At one point he was listed as the top European skater in the 2015 draft.
Jul 30, 2015, 5:52 PM EDT
The Flyers also have forwards Claude Giroux and Sean Couturier locked up.
Jul 30, 2015, 4:22 PM EDT
The 37-year-old still wants to continue his career.
Jul 30, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
Along with Yao Ming.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)