May 4, 2013, 6:03 PM EDT
After a scrappy OT loss in Game 1, many believed that the Minnesota Wild basically followed the script when the Chicago Blackhawks handled them 5-2 in Game 2 on Friday.
Mike Yeo told the team’s Web site that a 2-0 series deficit isn’t a death sentence … and he speaks from experience.
“Because we’re down 2-0, it doesn’t mean this series is over,” Yeo said. “I’ve been a part of series where we’ve come back from being down 2-0 and I know there’s other people on our team who have as well.”
Indeed, Yeo has seen firsthand that teams can fight back from such holes. It doesn’t hurt that the next two games will be in Minnesota, either.
“I thing this place is going to be rocking tomorrow,” Yeo said. “We’re excited for that.”
Yeo doesn’t see the need for drastic changes.
“Because we played one game that wasn’t good, I don’t think we need to reinvent the wheel,” Yeo said.
“ … The good news is that we haven’t seen our best hockey, yet.”
If their best players start playing the part, the Wild might at least have a chance to make thigns interesting.
- Once again, Carlyle’s Leafs are searching for answers 3
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 4
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 11
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 8
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 34
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (83)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? (37)
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case (36)