May 4, 2013, 9:37 PM EDT
Detroit Red Wings forward Justin Abdelkader might get a call from the NHL after he was ejected from Game 3 of his team’s first-round series against the Anaheim Ducks for a charging hit on Toni Lydman.
Here’s early video of the hit (an extended version will be added soon):This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Lydman, 35, needed help off the ice after that check. Abdelkader received a five-minute charging major to go along with that ejection, which opened the door for the Ducks to score the game’s first (and so far only) goal on the ensuing power play.
Update: the Anaheim Ducks announced that Lydman is being evaluated and won’t return to the game.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 38
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 60
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1