May 4, 2013, 9:37 PM EDT
Detroit Red Wings forward Justin Abdelkader might get a call from the NHL after he was ejected from Game 3 of his team’s first-round series against the Anaheim Ducks for a charging hit on Toni Lydman.
Here’s early video of the hit (an extended version will be added soon):This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Lydman, 35, needed help off the ice after that check. Abdelkader received a five-minute charging major to go along with that ejection, which opened the door for the Ducks to score the game’s first (and so far only) goal on the ensuing power play.
Update: the Anaheim Ducks announced that Lydman is being evaluated and won’t return to the game.
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 28
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 30
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 25