May 4, 2013, 1:40 AM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks were formidable enough in their 5-2 Game 2 win against the Minnesota Wild on Friday, but they’re not even at full-strength right now.
Head coach Joel Quenneville said that Emery, 30, skated on Friday morning, but it appears that Bolland, 26, did not.
While getting those players back could make a strong team that much tougher, the Blackhawks might settle for merely having Patrick Sharp in the lineup. The Chicago Sun-Times Mark Lazerus points out that Chicago is 27-0-3 when Sharp is in the lineup in 2013.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54