May 4, 2013, 1:46 PM EDT
Defenseman Sheldon Souray committed two minor penalties in Game 2 of the Anaheim Ducks’ first-round series on Thursday and the Detroit Red Wings scored on both chances. That proved to be the difference in the Red Wings’ 5-4 overtime win.
Souray confirmed to Orange County Register writer Eric Stephens that he isn’t injured.
“I’m a little surprised,” Souray admitted. “But at this time of the year, it’s all about winning. Whatever we have to do to win, we’re on board with.”
Souray had 17 points in 44 games while averaging 20:55 minutes per contest in the regular season.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 40
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 32
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 65
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22