May 4, 2013, 1:46 PM EDT
Defenseman Sheldon Souray committed two minor penalties in Game 2 of the Anaheim Ducks’ first-round series on Thursday and the Detroit Red Wings scored on both chances. That proved to be the difference in the Red Wings’ 5-4 overtime win.
Souray confirmed to Orange County Register writer Eric Stephens that he isn’t injured.
“I’m a little surprised,” Souray admitted. “But at this time of the year, it’s all about winning. Whatever we have to do to win, we’re on board with.”
Souray had 17 points in 44 games while averaging 20:55 minutes per contest in the regular season.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)