May 4, 2013, 1:46 PM EDT
Defenseman Sheldon Souray committed two minor penalties in Game 2 of the Anaheim Ducks’ first-round series on Thursday and the Detroit Red Wings scored on both chances. That proved to be the difference in the Red Wings’ 5-4 overtime win.
Souray confirmed to Orange County Register writer Eric Stephens that he isn’t injured.
“I’m a little surprised,” Souray admitted. “But at this time of the year, it’s all about winning. Whatever we have to do to win, we’re on board with.”
Souray had 17 points in 44 games while averaging 20:55 minutes per contest in the regular season.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25