May 4, 2013, 1:46 PM EST
Defenseman Sheldon Souray committed two minor penalties in Game 2 of the Anaheim Ducks’ first-round series on Thursday and the Detroit Red Wings scored on both chances. That proved to be the difference in the Red Wings’ 5-4 overtime win.
Souray confirmed to Orange County Register writer Eric Stephens that he isn’t injured.
“I’m a little surprised,” Souray admitted. “But at this time of the year, it’s all about winning. Whatever we have to do to win, we’re on board with.”
Souray had 17 points in 44 games while averaging 20:55 minutes per contest in the regular season.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11