May 4, 2013, 1:46 PM EST
Defenseman Sheldon Souray committed two minor penalties in Game 2 of the Anaheim Ducks’ first-round series on Thursday and the Detroit Red Wings scored on both chances. That proved to be the difference in the Red Wings’ 5-4 overtime win.
Souray confirmed to Orange County Register writer Eric Stephens that he isn’t injured.
“I’m a little surprised,” Souray admitted. “But at this time of the year, it’s all about winning. Whatever we have to do to win, we’re on board with.”
Souray had 17 points in 44 games while averaging 20:55 minutes per contest in the regular season.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4