May 4, 2013, 12:15 PM EDT
After losing Game 1 of their first-round series against the Washington Capitals, the New York Rangers will get some extra help this afternoon.
Dorsett was acquired by New York on April 3 from the Columbus Blue Jackets as part of the Marian Gaborik trade. However, Dorsett hasn’t played since March 7 due to a fractured clavicle. He’s a physical forward who had nine points, 53 penalty minutes, and 55 hits in 24 games in the 2013 regular season.
Brian Boyle is also expected to be inserted into the lineup while Chris Kreider and Kris Newbury are projected to be scratched.
The Washington Capitals’ lineup is unchanged, according to the Washington Times.
The game will start at 12:30 p.m. ET and is on NBC.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 22
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 48
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)