May 4, 2013, 12:15 PM EDT
After losing Game 1 of their first-round series against the Washington Capitals, the New York Rangers will get some extra help this afternoon.
Dorsett was acquired by New York on April 3 from the Columbus Blue Jackets as part of the Marian Gaborik trade. However, Dorsett hasn’t played since March 7 due to a fractured clavicle. He’s a physical forward who had nine points, 53 penalty minutes, and 55 hits in 24 games in the 2013 regular season.
Brian Boyle is also expected to be inserted into the lineup while Chris Kreider and Kris Newbury are projected to be scratched.
The Washington Capitals’ lineup is unchanged, according to the Washington Times.
The game will start at 12:30 p.m. ET and is on NBC.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)