May 4, 2013, 12:15 PM EDT
After losing Game 1 of their first-round series against the Washington Capitals, the New York Rangers will get some extra help this afternoon.
Dorsett was acquired by New York on April 3 from the Columbus Blue Jackets as part of the Marian Gaborik trade. However, Dorsett hasn’t played since March 7 due to a fractured clavicle. He’s a physical forward who had nine points, 53 penalty minutes, and 55 hits in 24 games in the 2013 regular season.
Brian Boyle is also expected to be inserted into the lineup while Chris Kreider and Kris Newbury are projected to be scratched.
The Washington Capitals’ lineup is unchanged, according to the Washington Times.
The game will start at 12:30 p.m. ET and is on NBC.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)