May 4, 2013, 12:15 PM EDT
After losing Game 1 of their first-round series against the Washington Capitals, the New York Rangers will get some extra help this afternoon.
Dorsett was acquired by New York on April 3 from the Columbus Blue Jackets as part of the Marian Gaborik trade. However, Dorsett hasn’t played since March 7 due to a fractured clavicle. He’s a physical forward who had nine points, 53 penalty minutes, and 55 hits in 24 games in the 2013 regular season.
Brian Boyle is also expected to be inserted into the lineup while Chris Kreider and Kris Newbury are projected to be scratched.
The Washington Capitals’ lineup is unchanged, according to the Washington Times.
The game will start at 12:30 p.m. ET and is on NBC.
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 28
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 6
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3