May 4, 2013, 12:15 PM EDT
After losing Game 1 of their first-round series against the Washington Capitals, the New York Rangers will get some extra help this afternoon.
Dorsett was acquired by New York on April 3 from the Columbus Blue Jackets as part of the Marian Gaborik trade. However, Dorsett hasn’t played since March 7 due to a fractured clavicle. He’s a physical forward who had nine points, 53 penalty minutes, and 55 hits in 24 games in the 2013 regular season.
Brian Boyle is also expected to be inserted into the lineup while Chris Kreider and Kris Newbury are projected to be scratched.
The Washington Capitals’ lineup is unchanged, according to the Washington Times.
The game will start at 12:30 p.m. ET and is on NBC.
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 0
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 4
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 6
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 22
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 23
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 54
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)