May 4, 2013, 1:19 AM EDT
The San Jose Sharks are going home with a 2-0 series lead over the Vancouver Canucks after a 3-2 overtime victory Friday night at Rogers Arena.
—- Are the Canucks pretty much dead? It looked like they were going to get a 2-1 win after Ryan Kesler scored twice in the third, but a last-minute Patrick Marleau goal — right after Jannik Hansen had a chance to score into an empty net, only to barely miss — sent the game to extra time.
That’s got to be deflating.
—- The Canucks are now 2-10 in their last 12 playoff games dating back to the 2011 Stanley Cup finals. They’ve also lost six straight at home.
—- San Jose was 17-2-5 at the Shark Tank during the regular season. That place will be even louder than usual on Sunday. And it’s usually pretty darn loud.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)