May 4, 2013, 1:19 AM EDT
The San Jose Sharks are going home with a 2-0 series lead over the Vancouver Canucks after a 3-2 overtime victory Friday night at Rogers Arena.
—- Are the Canucks pretty much dead? It looked like they were going to get a 2-1 win after Ryan Kesler scored twice in the third, but a last-minute Patrick Marleau goal — right after Jannik Hansen had a chance to score into an empty net, only to barely miss — sent the game to extra time.
That’s got to be deflating.
—- The Canucks are now 2-10 in their last 12 playoff games dating back to the 2011 Stanley Cup finals. They’ve also lost six straight at home.
—- San Jose was 17-2-5 at the Shark Tank during the regular season. That place will be even louder than usual on Sunday. And it’s usually pretty darn loud.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 8
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 9
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 18
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 48
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 40
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)