May 4, 2013, 1:19 AM EDT
The San Jose Sharks are going home with a 2-0 series lead over the Vancouver Canucks after a 3-2 overtime victory Friday night at Rogers Arena.
—- Are the Canucks pretty much dead? It looked like they were going to get a 2-1 win after Ryan Kesler scored twice in the third, but a last-minute Patrick Marleau goal — right after Jannik Hansen had a chance to score into an empty net, only to barely miss — sent the game to extra time.
That’s got to be deflating.
—- The Canucks are now 2-10 in their last 12 playoff games dating back to the 2011 Stanley Cup finals. They’ve also lost six straight at home.
—- San Jose was 17-2-5 at the Shark Tank during the regular season. That place will be even louder than usual on Sunday. And it’s usually pretty darn loud.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (76)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)