May 4, 2013, 1:19 AM EDT
The San Jose Sharks are going home with a 2-0 series lead over the Vancouver Canucks after a 3-2 overtime victory Friday night at Rogers Arena.
—- Are the Canucks pretty much dead? It looked like they were going to get a 2-1 win after Ryan Kesler scored twice in the third, but a last-minute Patrick Marleau goal — right after Jannik Hansen had a chance to score into an empty net, only to barely miss — sent the game to extra time.
That’s got to be deflating.
—- The Canucks are now 2-10 in their last 12 playoff games dating back to the 2011 Stanley Cup finals. They’ve also lost six straight at home.
—- San Jose was 17-2-5 at the Shark Tank during the regular season. That place will be even louder than usual on Sunday. And it’s usually pretty darn loud.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 43
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)