May 4, 2013, 12:07 AM EST
After holding their breath before snagging a Game 1 win against the Minnesota Wild in overtime on Tuesday, the Chicago Blackhawks seemed back to business as usual with a commanding 5-2 victory in Game 2 on Friday. That leaves them up 2-0, as many expected.
Let’s get to the talking points.
- Wild fans can at least point to the series going back to Minnesota, although that might not provide much solace. The Blackhawks are 18-4-2 away from the United Center, just a stride behind their 18-3-3 home mark.
- Minnesota’s big three of Zach Parise, Ryan Suter and Mikko Koivu are pointless in two games. Should that highly-paid trio shoulder most of the blame?
- Josh Harding has actually been quite good in relief of Niklas Backstrom. If the Finnish netminder is good to go for Game 3, should Minnesota turn to its normal No. 1 anyway?
- Patrick Sharp and Michael Frolik scored two goals apiece. Which player had a better night? Was anyone better than the guys who grabbed the attention-getting numbers?
- Do you expect the Blackhawks to sweep this series? If not, does Minnesota have any chance for an upset?
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 10
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 33
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 27
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 11
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 15
- Nonis: I’m not firing Carlyle 14
- Steen agrees to extension with Blues — three years, $17.4 million 17
- Engelland suspended five games for ‘reckless’ Abdelkader headshot 40
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: So many bad contracts, coaches on the hot seat, the NHL in Vegas? and more! 24
- Caps’ Wilson to have hearing for Schenn hit 46
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (101)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)