May 4, 2013, 12:07 AM EDT
After holding their breath before snagging a Game 1 win against the Minnesota Wild in overtime on Tuesday, the Chicago Blackhawks seemed back to business as usual with a commanding 5-2 victory in Game 2 on Friday. That leaves them up 2-0, as many expected.
Let’s get to the talking points.
- Wild fans can at least point to the series going back to Minnesota, although that might not provide much solace. The Blackhawks are 18-4-2 away from the United Center, just a stride behind their 18-3-3 home mark.
- Minnesota’s big three of Zach Parise, Ryan Suter and Mikko Koivu are pointless in two games. Should that highly-paid trio shoulder most of the blame?
- Josh Harding has actually been quite good in relief of Niklas Backstrom. If the Finnish netminder is good to go for Game 3, should Minnesota turn to its normal No. 1 anyway?
- Patrick Sharp and Michael Frolik scored two goals apiece. Which player had a better night? Was anyone better than the guys who grabbed the attention-getting numbers?
- Do you expect the Blackhawks to sweep this series? If not, does Minnesota have any chance for an upset?
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 8
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6