May 4, 2013, 10:58 PM EDT
If you were hoping for a substantial statement from Justin Abdelkader following his ejection from Game 3 of the Anaheim Ducks-Detroit Red Wings on Saturday, you’re out of luck. Yahoo’s Nick Costonika reports that the 26-year-old left Joe Louis Arena before taking questions.
Instead, his Red Wings teammates were left to share their thoughts, especially since the OC Register’s Eric Stephens reports that the Ducks are remaining silent about that controversial check.
George Malik of Kukla’s Korner passes along some reactions, including Mike Babcock describing it as a clean but “hard check” to the team Web site. The real zinger comes from defenseman Kyle Quincey‘s discussion on 97.1 The Ticket (transcribed by Malik):
“The chance of hitting a guy and not being suspended is so low these days,” Quincey said.
(The 27-year-old defenseman almost seems wistful, doesn’t he?)
While observers such as Red Wings blog Winging it in Motown call for a reaction from Abdelkader, hearing his teammates’ and coach’s thoughts has been enlightening … even when the answers are minimal.
Related: Watch video of the hit
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 0
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 48
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12