May 4, 2013, 1:01 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby returned from a broken jaw on Friday and scored two goals in 7:22 minutes. That wasn’t enough as the New York Islanders pulled off a comeback 4-3 victory to even the series, but at least Crosby’s first game back can be seen as an isolated success, right?
Crosby might argue otherwise, given that he didn’t seem too happy with his performance after the game.
“I think that there’s definitely a little bit of rust,” Crosby told the Penguins’ website. “But there’s not a lot of time, so I’ve got to find a way to create things out there and be better.”
For his part, Penguins coach Dan Bylsma was more upbeat in his assessment of the 25-year-old superstar.
“I thought he didn’t miss a beat,” Bylsma said. “He skated well, he was on pucks, he was strong. In addition to his two goals, he had a couple other dangerous situations and plays and was very good in the faceoff circle. I thought he was very good getting back in there after missing 13 games.”
As a team, the Penguins will have to shrug off last night’s loss as the series heads to Nassau Coliseum for Game 3 on Sunday.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)